Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lithotripsy

Just a little update on Trent procedure from Monday. Before the procedure started the doctor took a look at the stone and said that it was still in the exact same spot as it was from the first week therefore it has not budged in 3 weeks and still just lodged in there. He also said before the procedure that it appeared to be 5mm to 6mm when before they were saying 4mm to 5mm. Dr. said everything went well during the procedure and he hit it right on the stone as hard as he could but unfortunately he could not tell any difference from before he started to after. He said that was not unusual however with Trent's stuck where it was he was keeping his fingers crossed and hoping everything went well but unsure. We will go back on Wednesday to follow up and get another xray and reevaluate it to see if it done it's job. He had the procedure on Monday and Tuesday morning at about 1am he started noticing very small pieces as small as sand in his strainer. There has only been about 10 very very small pieces and he has not had anything since about 2pm on Tuesday but we are hoping that is a good sign that it worked. We are just waiting around for the bigger pieces to come on out so we will know. Guess we will see on Wednesday.

Anywho, as long as things go the way they are expected, we will be heading to Gatlinburg next weekend. Hopefully we will get good news to where we can actually go this time.

Other than Trent, not much new is going on . We haven't had time for anything different.

Just wanted to post a few pictures of my work of art (cross stitching) in progress. It is taking a while however it isn't taking as long as what I thought it would only being my second one. I had done one several years ago and one night I had a patient that was cross stitching and made me want to do it again. I looked and looked and could not find one for me however found one that matches my mom kitchen perfect.
This was my first cross stitching ever. I made it for Trent right after he got out of the academy.
This is a picture of what my current project should look like when finished.
And this is my progress on it. This was the last picture I took of it. I have gotten a little more than this done but not much at all.

Hope everyone else is doing fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site haddocks050308.blogspot.com
Is this possible?