Wednesday, March 14, 2012

2 Analogies

The first analogy I came up with and I meant to post in my earlier blog but I forgot.  I know this is silly but I meant to post it.  Quiting elevators is like quiting cokes.  Yep sounds crazy I know.  When I stopped drinking cokes, I would pull up to drive through or at a restaurant and tell them out of habit that I wanted a Diet Coke then quickly had to change it to water.  Well, at work, I have quit elevators.  When I quit the elevators a week ago, I would walk up to the elevator out of habit and press the button once I realized what I done, I turned around and took the stairs.  I can now say, I think I have gotten used to the stairs and don't press the elevator button anymore.  Going the stairs makes a big difference because I have to go up 6 flights of stairs to get to my floor where I work.

The second analogy, my mom just told me and it relates to me and the infertility journey.  She said "It's like a fresh scab that can't heal.  Each time it starts to heal, it just keeps getting picked at more and more"  I think this analogy is wonderful and describes me to the tee.  I am the scab and every time I begin to heal and every time I start doing so well, I find out something else that sets me back.  I feel like this scab will never heal.  I pray that God allows us to one day SOON become parents so this scab can fully heal and leave NO SCARS.  I would like to say that a child would make us forget everything we have been through however as much as we absolutely HATE the journey we have been through, I never want to forget everything we have went through to accomplish our dreams.  Our journey has made us the bigger better people we are today and if we never forget what we have been through, we will only appreciate, love and adore our child just that much more.

Ok, I am done, I won't continue to bore everyone for the day.

No comments: