Saturday, July 30, 2011

Birthday and Celebration Adventures

Well, just now thinking about posting from our adventures for my birthday and celebrating our time frame being up.

First of all, it started of Thursday with me getting a massage which is ALWAYS a GREAT relaxer. For those that live near Columbia, I HIGHLY reccomend Fox and Co and getting Napolean as your massage therapist.

Anywho, after I got home from that, we left for Alabama for the night. Once we got into Alabama, we checked into our motel. At the motel, they have a restraunt called 360. It is kinda like the space needle in Gatlinburg but in the top is the restraunt which is revolving. We thought we would give it a try even though we had seen their prices were really expensive. We were really glad we did because they were having a special that night on steaks and they were super yummy. I must say though, we definately felt underdressed. It is a fancy place and they are ALL ABOUT presentation with the way food looks and everything.

Anywho, this picture is from the top of the restraunt looking down to our motel and the river behind it. Our room was facing the river with a balcony. We got a GREAT deal with Trent being a cop. I still can't believe it was an $88 discount just for him being a cop.
Friday morning, we got up and headed to Robert Trent Jones golf course. I actually played with Trent and LOVED it. I just wish I could get golf lessons so I could really have fun and be decent. I have actually went back with him once at home since going there. For the most part, I can make it to the green ok BUT I SUCK at putting. Who would have thunk it. LOL. You would think that would be the easiest part. Anywho, this next picture is from the golf course and I just loved it. However, I love waterfalls.



Can't really tell too well from this picture but this was on the balcony of our motel room but you can't see the river too well from the view we are facing.


We had a WONDERFUL quick get away and got to talk alot about our future. We can't wait to see what the near future holds for us and look forward to the day we can become parents.


Hope everyone else has been doing well.

2 comments:

Smith1230 said...

your hotel looked awesome

The Haddock's said...

It was, it was a really nice motel. That why I was so shocked we got such a discount. Will DEFINATELY stay there again