Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Making some Changes!

So today we consulted with Dr. Hill and we got the exact news we had hoped for.  We were a little anxious wondering what he would have to say.  We thought it would be 1 of 2 things.  1)  Either change medication or 2) Tell us we were done with IUI and we had to move to IVF.  We really felt like it would most likely be a med change but we feared them telling us it was time for IVF. 

Well, it was good news because he just wanted to change my medication.  I was taking Clomid 50mg but now, I will be taking Femara 2.5mg 2 tablets once a day so I will actually be on Femara 5mg.  He said that with Clomid, there was a 90% chance that it would happen within 3 IUI's.  If it didn't happen by then, it was time to change meds so that is what we are doing.  Normally you would take fertility meds on CD 3-7 however today was CD 4 and they would not fill any medications until we consulted with the doctor so, doctor wants me to take the Femara CD 4-8 and we will just do our Follicular ultrasound 1 day later than normal.  Our Ultrasound is set up for the 30th and if everything looks good that day, we will have our 4th IUI on the 31st. 

The doctor said that some people do better on Clomid and some do better on Femara but there is no way to tell who will do better on what med.  From what very little I have looked up on Femara, it sounds hopeful.  It sounds like several people who is unsuccessful on Clomid has success on Femara.  We can only pray that we are one of those who do better with Femara.  It seems like it is a second option for most doctors as it is actually a medication to treat Breast Cancer however it is also used as a fertility drug.  I done so well with no moody crazy side effects on Clomid that it scares me to go to a new med.  I just pray that Femara doesn't cause me to be crazy and moody. 

Dr. Hill also said that he would give us 3 failed IUI cycles on Femara before we had to move to IVF.  At that point, if it has not happened by then, I am most certain we would just go straight to adoption.  Hopefully though we aren't gonna have to worry about all of that.  He did say though that at any point if we were ready to move on to IVF that he would defiantly not be opposed to it.  We told him with the expenses of IVF that we would most likely not move to that so we wanted to do IUI as many times as we possibly could before giving up.

Before the doctor came in the room, me and Trent was really picking on one another and laughing and while we were getting a good laugh, the doctor walked in.  It really made me think.  I am sure the doctor sees all kinds of people come in all depressed, sad and upset.  It was probably good for him to come in and see someone laughing, cutting up and having a good time.  Again, this just goes to show just how blessed we are to have such a wonderful marriage where we know we can always rely upon one another for complete happiness. 

We want to be pregnant and experience pregnancy so badly.  Today I was thinking about all the women out there that have adopted and never gotten to experience pregnancy.  I thought about the hopeful day that we find out that we are pregnant and then my heart broke for those who have never gotten to experience it.  I pray that one day we get to experience pregnancy however when that day comes, I will know that I am more blessed than some out there that have never gotten to experience it.  I know to those adoptive parents that those kids are their live and they wouldn't trade it for the world but I also know when you experience infertility just how very badly you want to experience every single part of having a child. 

Well, I reckon that is enough rambling for now but just wanted to update everyone on our journey and where we are now.

WE HOPE EVERYONE HAS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

Smith1230 said...

Hoping this next round is a successful one for you both. As always, you are in our prayers.