Thursday, September 13, 2012

Follicular Ultrasound #6

Well, I am very happy to say that today's ultrasound went exceptionally well.  I was very anxious for today's ultrasound more so than I have EVER been for any other procedure we have been through.  In reality, I still realize it could never happen however, I am more anxious, excited and kinda scared over this procedure than I have EVER been before.  I think it is for the simple fact that I know we have better chances now than we have ever had before.  I have been reflecting back over our whole journey alot today and it truly amazes me what all me and Trent have endured over our whole relationship.  It all started with me and Trent 9 years and 8 months ago and during that time, we have endured a crazy journey of a long distance relationship for 4 1/2 years and we have always said that if we could make it through that, we could make it through anything.  We have been faced with several things in our almost 10 years of being together that could put us through the ultimate test but I feel like almost 3 and a half years ago when we started this whole baby making journey, we were faced with the biggest test and probably most challenging test we will ever face as a married couple.  We have faced this ultimate challenge of infertility with many emotions and it is thankfully by God's grace that this journey has not the first time caused any type of conflict in our marriage.  On the way to the ultrasound this morning, I couldn't help but to tear up several times just thinking about our whole journey and realizing how strong of a marriage we have and how strong I feel like we have been to pull through everything.  I also have been reflecting back on how far I have came just since April and that in itself makes me tear up.  After our failed procedure in January, I was almost at rock bottom.  I was more than happy to have the break that we were forced into and thought it was the best thing for us.  Unfortunately, during that time, I realized I really did not care much to start back with procedures.  I thank God, my sister, and Jack for their change of heart for allowing me to be in the delivery room when my sweet little Kellen was born.  I know I have told the story before but for those of you who don't remember, it was not the plan all along for me to be in the delivery room when Kellen was born.  The plan was for them to come out and get me when Kellen was born and let me have my time with her then.  Well, once Amber hit about 7cm, she told me she wanted me to stay in the room.  I look back now and truly think God had his hand in it all.  I was so much at rock bottom and not really wanting to start procedures back but really couldn't tell Trent no because I know how much it hurts him to hear me say I am done.  I now think God had a part in them allowing me to be in the room because the very next day after watching such a miracle being born into this world, I knew there was NO WAY IN THIS WORLD I could deny Trent of that.  That is the one thing he wants to experience more than anything.  Lol, Trent just asked what I was jawing about and told me to get to the point.  He says everyone probably doesn't want to hear about all of this.  So, I am so sorry to be rambling.  I have been told people like to hear the ups and downs so I just got to rambling and couldn't stop myself.  If I sometimes ramble too much, I am sorry.  Anyways, I will get to today very shortly.  I really don't know what got me rambling because to be quiet honest, I really did not feel like blogging and I had planned on this being a very short blog.  Anyways, in all of the previous being said, I am so very very excited for IUI #6 tomorrow.  We can't believe it is time to actually go in for the IUI.  It really doesn't seem like it is time already.  We have been 8 months without an IUI and again, the break was nice but we are more than ready to get back to our mission of having a sweet little baby.

Now, on to today.  Again, it went very well.  I did only have 1 follicle but, they like to see the follicles at 18mm and mine was 23.5mm.  The largest one I have ever had I think was 24.5mm so I am right on track and it is a nice big follicle which is great!  There was one HUGE shocker to me and Trent this time though.  I don't know why it matters and why we are making a big deal over it however, during all 5 previous IUI's the follicle was on the right side but this time, the follicle is on my left side.  We are hoping maybe the change will be a good thing.  Since the follicle was ready, I got the Ovidrel HSG shot and we return tomorrow for the IUI.  Of course, out of silliness, we say both of us are left handed so maybe my left side will be a good change and it will bring us our sweet little bundle of joy that is so far 3 years and 4 months in the making.  We will be going in tomorrow for the IUI with what we believe should be better numbers than we have ever had before.  Hopefully with a couple of things combined, IUI #6 will be just what it takes to make my wonderful hubby a daddy and me a mommy which we have desired for so very long.  According to my calculations, I still say we will be testing on September 28th and obviously will find out for sure tomorrow what day we will test. 

I also wanted to mention again just how much we love and appreciate all of our supporters.  Yesterday I went to the mailbox to find the sweetest card that someone sent to us.  It was from a Jessica.  I know a couple Jessica's but I felt like I knew right away which one sent the card.  The crazy thing is, I really have not talked to her since high school until just recently and she has been VERY supportive and encouraging over our journey.  I wondered how in the world she could have possibly gotten my address but I just knew the card had to have came from her.  I eventually got to talk to my sister to see if she knew exactly where this Jessica lived but she didn't.  After a little bit of questioning, my sister finally caught on and confirmed for me that it was in deed the Jessica that I thought it was.  My sister had given her my address.  Jessica, I know you are reading this blog!!!  Again, Thank You so very much for the card.  It really meant a ton to us that someone that we really haven't talked to would go out of their way to be so sweet and send us such a meaningful card.  I have in the past received a couple of other things saying people was thinking of us throughout our journey and just have not went out of my way to post about it but THANK YOU so much to all of our loving supporters who have been there for us during this tough trial in our lives.  It always brightens our days to get something so unexpected when we are going through this crazy journey that we are on. 

Sorry this turned into such a long blog as I didn't intend on it to but I guess it was just on my heart to share or else it wouldn't have turned into something so big.  I pray that God will just continue to see the desires of our hearts through tomorrows IUI and hopefully blesses us with that special little child that is already loved so very much. 

2 comments:

Smith1230 said...

I'm so happy you had a good appointment today. I wish things weren't so crazy for us right now so that I could be a better friend and check up on you more. Please know how much we love you and that you are in my thoughts so much! I can't wait to hear some very good news for you in the near future!!! Love you both!

Christina Trull said...

I am thinking about you all today, not sure what time your procedure is but it is about 1030 in the morning and I am praying like crazy. Hugs to you both!!