Wednesday, September 5, 2012

IUI #6 = BRING IT ON!

Holy Cow!!! I can't believe it, it is FINALLY that time again.

Pre Natal Vitamin and 2 Femara Pills



We are so excited for me to finally be taking those 2 little Femara pills again.  I also won't lie.  I haven't taken my Pre Natal vitamins since our last failed IUI and really didn't take them like I was supposed to back then.  Well actually back then the prenatal vitamins made me sick so I actually was taking 2 Flinstone vitamins but have decided to try the actual prenatal vitamins again.  I have gotten in trouble in the past by both the fertility doctor and my regular gyno for not taking it but they both definitely understood that I got discouraged and wasn't taking them like I should because of that.  They did say that I should at least be taking a good 1 a day woman's vitamin which I still went against there will and did not do.  Well, today officially started me trying to be a good girl and take them like I am supposed to.  Today was also day 1 on Femara.  I will take it through Sunday and then ...........................THURSDAY, WE WILL HAVE OUR FOLLICULAR ULTRASOUND.  Oh my goodness, I can't believe we are really starting back.  As long as the ultrasound shows a good egg on Thursday, Friday we will have IUI #6.
 
We are so very excited and are actually more excited this time than the very first IUI we ever had.  Me and Trent was actually just talking about how we are only a week away from ultrasound and I actually teared up because I was so excited to be starting back.  I still say the break was the best thing we needed BUT, we are more than ready to get everything started back again.  In the back of my mind, I still know that it is a possibility that we still may NEVER end up pregnant however, we both say what could really be stopping us now?  We obviously now know what we didn't know before and I was actually also dealing with infertility myself which is what was stopping us before but exactly what could really stop us now?  There is absolutely no reason I see that we shouldn't end up pregnant now.  I still know that it may not happen the first time starting back however, I am hopeful and confident that it should happen now.  As Dr. Hill said, my ovaries, my fallopian tubes, and my pelvic region looks good and now since my surgeries, I am cleaner than I will EVER be inside therefore, our chances are better now than ever.  Also, we have 5 vials left and in 4 of those vials, we have better numbers than we have EVER had before.  We are also hoping that since we have had an 8 month break from fertility drugs, maybe I will respond like I did the first month on fertility meds.  The first month on fertility meds, we had 3 good eggs for IUI #1 however, IUI 2-5, there was only 1 egg.  All I know is I sure can't wait until Thursday and Friday of next week. 
 
Halloween is Trent's favorite so we are praying we will be growing a little spook by the time October gets here.  Based on my calculations, we will be testing on the 28th of this month.
 
We are still waiting on God's plan for us to fall right in place.  God has already blessed us so much more than we ever deserved but we want nothing more than to have a little bundle of joy or 2.  Even though its still so very difficult to understand why us, we know God has placed us down this journey for a reason and we have to embrace it and grow from it.  Even though we have struggled embracing it at times, I still feel like we have done a good job with what we have been dealt with.  It's not an easy journey to be thrown into however, God has watched us through the whole thing and we know God will not give us more than we can handle.  Yes, we feel like God thinks we are much stronger at times than we think we are however, we know that God is in control and will take care of us.  There is a saying that I heard the other day that I have mixed feelings on however, for the most part I really like it.  I have also heard others with mixed thoughts on it but anyways, here it is.  "God won't protect you through what he can perfect you through"  Yes, I understand no one is perfect and I also know that God protects us through everything and that is the issue that I have with this statement however, I also know that when God knows he has bigger and better plans for you, he uses difficult situations to mold you into what he wants you to be.  God is just working on me and Trent and molding us through this journey.
 
Thank You so much to all of you loving supporters of ours out there who have been so encouraging to us knowing that we are getting ready to start back and Thank You for all the prayers we have already been receiving over the upcoming IUI.  I will update everyone again after next week.

1 comment:

Christina Trull said...

Thinking about you guys, keeping my fingers and toes crossed! Love you!