Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh what a day for Bullet

About a week ago, he got some green slimey, snotty sleep in his eyes. It lasted about 4 days so we called the vet. He went to the vet today and we found out he has a allergy infection. I have always thought since we had him that he had allergies because when we roll down the window, his nose would start running but the vet confirmed it for use today. He got a shot and is now on Benedryl. Yes of course, that would be my dog the allergy infested baby that is on Benedryl 3 times a day. Poor baby. All he is gonna wanna do is sleep. They said if we wanted to we could play around and only give it 2 times a day if we wanted so that he would not sleep so much. I guess we will just have to see how he actually does on it. I was gonna get the pill and buy the little pill pockets but Walmart did not have the pill pockets and the only pack of pills is a pack of 18 and he would go through 6 in 1 day so that would get quiet expensive. I just got the liquid and thought I would give it a try. I think he actually liked the taste of it. He first just took a few licks like he was trying to figure out what it was and kept going bak to it so I hope he does do well with it. I got the cherry flavored for him. Here is a video of him taking it.





Ok before I start this story I am gonna go ahead and say I feel like the worst Mother ever. Trent had to work tonight so me and the baby went for a ride and got something to eat and spent time with Trent at work for a little bit. Well we were in the drive through at Taco Bell and the window was down because Bullet loves that. Well riding down the road, I never roll it down all the way but since we was in the drive through I did. He had is little head out the window and paws on the window seal and he just kept leaning over more and more and fell right out the window. I flipped out, screamed, slammed the car in park while throwing the door open and picked him up like a big baby scared to death (in the mean time, there is a car in front of me laughing hysterically at me). I checked him and he was walking fine and everything so thankfully it did not hurt him but it scared the living crap out of me. Now I know to never ever ever roll the window down all the way again. THANK GOD WE WERE NOT RIDING DOWN THE ROAD. I was thinking dear goodness what more could happen to my baby today. He got a shot for allergies (who would have ever thought) and then fell out the window.

After leaving Trent work we I went to Walmart and since the baby had went through so much Trauma today (or that was what was in my head atleast) he got some treats.



Yes these would be some Halloween dog treats. Gotta love it. Also, the very first toy I got him was the monkey and he just loved that toy. Well him and Trent was playing with it the other day and his head got ripped off so of course to go along with the Halloween treats, he got a new monkey too. He was in doggie heaven. Yes he is spoiled rotten but he definately deserved it after the day he had today.


One last picture for the night.

He is out of it, wonder if it is from the Benedryl??? POOR BABY.

4 comments:

Smith1230 said...

I think bullet needs to wear a helmet next time he's in the car with you. :) Its for his protection...

Also, if Bullet is going to start having a drinking problem...he might outta consider getting into a 12 step program...we don't want a troubled youth. :)

Shannon Hairr said...

That's hilarious!! I hate when parents don't put their kids in carseats! haha

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

HaHa! Glad to know there are others out there who love and spoil their "babies" as much as I do. My "child" has his own blog page!

p.s. Bullet is one cute pup! Can't wait to get a dog