Sunday, June 15, 2008

Some Changes

In the past, I had expressed to Baptist that I would like full time there and the other day, I finally got an email saying that they were thinking about hiring me full time. This would be great because of a few different reasons. One, they pay better in general (including gas mileage). Two, I will get benefits which would be a huge plus. Where I am employed at now does not offer insurance which sucks because I have a private policy which is outrageously expensive so I am sure with this being through such a large hospital and it actually being a company instead of private, it will be cheaper on us. And last but not least, I feel like I will really be getting into a place where I will have more opportunities and much more job security. Not to sure when this change will happen but I can't wait and hopefully it will happen soon. The only bad thing is, we are really liking my good checks coming in from working so many hours and I don't know that my full time job now will keep me for PRN or even have the hours to give me. This is not totally horrible but we really like the extra money and Trent has already mentioned him getting a second job. I really don't want Trent working 2 jobs. His job is too stressful and I would really prefer for him not to work more than necessary. He really never expresses that he gets stressed at work but I know his job has got to be way more stressful and more demanding than mine. Not to mention that he does work not only his hours but at times he even works extra by having to go to court and things like that. I just really don't want him to over do it. I would much rather me work 2 jobs than him for health reasons and because it would also be much easier for me to have a more flexible schedule than him. I never schedule myself to work my PRN job on days that he is off so that we can have that time together or otherwise with that many hours, we would never see each other.

Just an update in general, things are going great at the Haddock household. Trent has been gone to Nebraska which he is loving. He went to the Baseball College World Series and has said he wants to turn it into a yearly tradition so hopefully we can go back next year and I will be able to go with him. I also hope one of these days, to take him to a Boston Red Socks game at the Fenway Park in Boston. He has also always wanted to do that so we will have some good, fun things to look forward to. A closer in the future thing to look forward to is, we are returning to Destin, FL on the 28th of this month and will be there for the 4th of July. We will come home on the 5th. I absolutely can not wait. We are going with Leah and her boyfriend and we are gonna have a blast.

This week will be busy for the two of us. I work Monday and Tuesday and Trent comes back
Monday and has to work Tuesday then the two of us both also have to work the week end. However we are both off on Wednesday and Thursday and our house to me just seems to be really dirty on the outside (which we all know vinyl tends to do that) so we are going to have a good cleaning day and pressure wash the outside of the house and clean the garage out really good and do some things on the inside just to have a good Summer cleaning so I am sure we will have lots of fun doing that (sarcasm). We are hoping at some point to get some landscaping done. We need to soo bad. However, we will not get to do it until next year though if we don't hurry up and get on the ball and get it done. It is just a little hard though with our schedules like they are to get too much done together and to me, the around the house stuff at this point is a little more important than the landscaping. Hopefully though we can get it done this year.

Well I guess that is enough of an update for now but until next time hope everyone is doing well.
We love you all very much!!!

No comments: