Monday, October 6, 2008

Allergies

Yeppers, you got it. Bullet had to return to the vet once again. Trent called me last night and told me that Bullet has been scratched. Well since he is an indoor dog and never goes outside unless we are out there too, he had no way of getting scratched. I came home from work this morning and looked at it myself and yikes, it looked rough. It was a little swollen, he didn't want you touching it or getting near it and it was a sticky yellow ooze coming from it. I knew it must be some type of infection so I called the vet and got him an appointment.




Here it is. Not a great picture but it does show it somewhat. Once we got to the vet, they shaved his hair around it so that they could clean it and it would also make it easier to heal. His allergies are so uncontrollable he has a horrible scratching issue and he has scratched this sore at the bottom of his neck. The vet has now upped his dose of Benedryl from 25 mg to 50 mg twice a day. Good lord and if tha ain't enough, he is now on antibiotic 3 times a day and also on some cortisone spray to spray on the sore to help the itching and burning. For Bullet sake and for Mine and Trent wallet sake, we sure can't wait till the first good frost so that the poor baby will hopefully start feeling better. Also, with a mixture of a few things (heat, allergies, etc.) he is not eating a whole lot and has lost a little weight and now weighs 44 pounds and is 20 weeks old. However, the vet said he still looks great. Not unhealthy at all. His weight is still fine and nothing to be concerned about. I feel so sorry for the poor baby. He will just sit and whine at times becuase his sore is hurting. I sure cant wait till he gets better.

Him so pretty. We just love him.


As far as me and Trent, we are doing great. The other night, we had Bradley and Ashley over and we ate some taco soup and played wii. Well me and Ashley played one game and then looked on the internet at things and the boys were loving the game. They were playing boxing and getting all into it. We really enjoyed getting to hang out with them and I am so glad I am finally meeting someone around here that I have something in common with and can hang out with.


I reckon that is all for now but will post again soon. Hopefully more about us than Bullet but Bullet seems to be our life right now.

1 comment:

Smith1230 said...

We are both having Lab health drama aren't we?