Friday, October 3, 2008

Unknown Future

So when I got home today, Trent was still awake and we got to talking about a few things and it led us to the conversation about work. He informed me today that he would not want me working nights for the rest of my working days. Well unfortunately, in the sleep field it is pretty much a guarantee that I will work nights. It will not be to often that you run across a day job in sleep. Those are few and far between. Yes, this will be great when we have kids but in the mean time it just makes me think. I love my job and I love what I do and I always want to keep doing this but it just makes me wonder, Did I waste my whole last two years in something I won't continue? Did I waste all that money on school? If I didn't pass my test this time is it really worth going after it again when eventually I will not be doing it full time? What different would I do? All these crazy questions is going through my head and I am just so unsure of where my future will lead me now. I have said in the past that I would like to do massage therapy so maybe that would be a possibility. I only lack about 2 or 3 classes to have my Associates degree in Applied Science. I not to sure at this point what all that would allow me to do so I would have to see what pro's and con's that would lead to. I really will be so discouraged if I don't pass my test this time and will seriously feel like a failure. I just truly pray that I pass it this go around since all these other things are going through my head already. If I passed it, it will at least give me a boost to get me through now. Plus in the meantime, if I change careers, we will have to have means of paying for it and me working at the same time and this would be a good paying job to get me through until then. Not saying I will quit the sleep field but like I said earlier, at this point I have no clue what is in my future. I need a good career behind me before the little ones come along but I not gonna put that off forever either. Who knows.

No comments: