Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wow, Holy Cow how in the Heck did that happen!

So Christmas went great. We had a great time with both families and got lots of great things including money (that is especially great right now, see story at end of blog). Thanks to everyone for everything. Here are some pictures.

Christmas Eve at Gramamaws house.

Christmas Day at Trent's parents house.

Boo playing with one of his toy granny and popa Haddock got him.
We did not have an extra person there to take the picture so I set the self timer on my camera and ran over to the picture. This is My in laws. Yes santa clause is my father in law lol.

Now for the crazy title of the blog.....

A few days before Christmas, we recieved our electricity bill in the mail and Holy Cow what in the heck happened and how in the heck did it happen was our thoughts. Our electricity bill has never been over $160 since living here and this month, it is $279. We over looked things and went on and enjoyed our Christmas together. Friday, I called the Power department and questioned our bill, rechecked the meter, and everything. Unfortuneately, the bill is correct. The man at the power department was very shocked himself so went back and traced all bills and said that our highest bill was obviously last December and then, it was still only $160 therefore there should be no reason of it being so high. Here is the kicker of it all. He said that he could already tell that at the rate we are already using electricity this month, our bill will be well over $400 this next month. Yes at this point my jaw hit the floor and my hands started trembeling. How in the heck. I told him I had no clue how all of this could happen becuase we are not doing anything any different than we have every since we have lived here so how could it be possible. He suggest that we first have our central air and heating unit checked and if that is not the problem, that we should check for a hot water heater leak. I got to thinking about things, and thought, afterall our heating unit does make a slight noise when it kicks on (I know all do make somewhat a noise when coming on but this is an unusual sound, not normal). I then immediately turned around and called the Central air people and they will be coming out on Saturday or Monday to see if there is a problem. Until then I had decided to turn our air from 74 (which is still better than last year becuase last year it was on 76) down to 70. I then went to Nashville with my sister in law and decided to call Trent and have him to totally turn it off. K so for all of you who know me. This is absolutely gonna kill me. I think I am gonna die of frost bite. It is cold outside and our unit is TOTALLY TURNED OFF. That right no heat for me. I would rather bundle up in thermals, fleece, 10 blankets, etc, etc, etc, whatever I need to do to help prevent getting a $500 electricity bill next month hopefully being halfway prevented by turning it totally off for several days till possible problem is fixed. Hopefully they can get here ASAP and get the problem figured out and get things fixed so that our bill will hopefully not be as much as we are already expecting. I believe it is supposed to rain (pour) today (Saturday) which totally sucks cause I am really hoping they get out here today and I am sure they don't want to stand in pouring rain to figure out what going on. I read something on the internet and someone else also recently explained the same thing to me without knowing I read it on the internet but it kinda sounds like we may have a bad heating coil in the air unit. To our knowledge, that could get pretty pricey however I would rather pay and get it taken care of instead of constantly racking up these electricity bills. Keep us in your prayers that this is nothing way way too major and pretty easy to fix. I will update when we get a solution. Also, until then, wish me lots and lots of warmth lol.

No comments: