Friday, September 30, 2011

Mixed Feelings & Emotions

Well overall, today went well.  It started with us leaving the house with absolutely NO fears, not scared, not nervous, NOTHING but excited.  We were SO positive and We could not wait.  Half the way to Nashville, I was cracking up at my Sissy Kate as last night she had texted me and said that she hoped today went "Easy peezy turkey baster squeezy" lol.  That was great and the best laugh I have had in a while.  Anyways, As I posted yesterday we had to get there an hour and a half prior to procedure.  We get there, I verify things then starts the waiting.  Even during the whole waiting process, still not scared, nervous or anything.  Finally, they call my name and we go back, this is where everything would totally shift our outlook on things.  I won't go into much detail but will slightly explain how our outlook got shifted.
Me and Trent waiting to be called back.  At this point, everything was
still great and we were still very positive and so excited.
We had asked my mommy to go with us so that she could go back and
pray with us before the procedure.
We had also asked Trent's mom if she wanted to go with us but she was unable to get off work.

Yesterday, we asked how many vials they would use in 1 try as we had been told before that it could take anywhere from 1 - 3 vials per try.  The lady we asked said they would use 1 however if it did not appear to be enough, they would then consult us and let us make the final decision whether to use more or not.  Well, back to today.  The lady called our name and we went back to consult with her.  It was then that she informed us that there was no where near what they liked to see in that 1 vial and said that they had gotten someone pregnant off that amount before but she would recommend using another vial.  At that point, we asked her if we should use 3 due to the low amounts in the 1 vial and she said no because my uterus would not be able to hold enough for 3 vials therefore it would be a waste.  We then agreed to go ahead and use 2 as she recommended.  At that point, we were sent back out to the waiting room for 45 more minutes.  That 45 minutes were very tough as I was holding back tears and very anxious for them to just call our name again to get it done and over with.  All of our fears set in at that time. 

After the 45 minutes, she called us back again.  We were told the numbers were still low but better with the 2 vials combined and again she reassured us that they had gotten someone pregnant with less than that before so just stay positive.  She then left the room for me to get dressed and ready. 

After she left the room, before me getting changed, me, Trent and mom prayed with our hands on the vials.  Which was emotional but so much needed.  I got changed, the lady came back in and done the procedure.  The procedure did not take long at all but she talked to us during the whole thing to try to make it easier.  She was definitely very positive and helped things alot.  During the procedure, they actually put a catheter into my cervix and then put the sperm at the top of my uterus.  As she was doing the procedure, like I said, she was being VERY positive and she made a funny about there being 1 little "Hero" in there that was going to do its job. lol.  After the procedure, I had to lay there with my hips and legs raised for 15 minutes.

What a wonderful special time for me and hubby.  This picture will forever
be very special to me.
We were so very glad my mom got to join us and pray with us.
More than that though, mom really helped to lighten the situation and
emotions for us.  She just seemed to know all the right things to say
and make us laugh to know it was all ok.  This was also a very special
thing for my mom as a hopefully soon to be grandmother to this
hopeful child to get to experience.  I mean afterall, what grandparent
can say they were there when their grandchild was conceived. lol
Well, we will get to test on October 13th.  Today was a good day but also a tough day.  I guess we will see in 2 weeks how everything plays out.  Please keep in mind that this is a very difficult time for us which just became more difficult today therefore we will tell everyone the news as we are ready.

No comments: