Friday, January 27, 2012

IUI #5

I will start with yesterday, the ultrasound day.  Last month I responded really quickly to the new med Femara and detected ovulation early on CD 11.  Normally the ultrasounds are not done until CD 14 or 15 however since we detected ovulation so early, they went ahead and done ultrasound next day.  Thank God we did because they said that if we hadn't of detected it, that it would have been too late and we would have missed ovulation all together and wouldn't have had procedure last month.  Well, this month since I responded so quickly last month, they went ahead and brought me in on CD11 for ultrasound.  This time, I didn't have all the symptoms of ovulation and I hadn't detected ovulation yet so I thought maybe I didn't respond as quickly this month as I did last month.  Well, obviously I was wrong, because I had an egg follicle at 21.5mm and we went ahead and got shot yesterday and scheduled me for the IUI today.

As I said the other day, this IUI was going to be tuff because Trent was not going to be able to be with me for this one however, he absolutely refused to skip a month and put it off.  I was so very grateful that my mom was able to come to my house and stay the weekend with me and also be able to go with me for my IUI.  Yesterday after the ultrasound, when we found out that IUI would definitely be today, Trent said "I expect your mom to cover my job tomorrow"  I text that to mom and her response was "I got the timer covered"  This is so funny because after EVERY SINGLE IUI that we have had, Trent has always turned the time up from 15 minutes that we have to lay to 20 minutes.  He always wants me to lay longer than what they say to but that is perfectly fine with me because I am never ready to get up when time is up anyways.  Anyways, today went exceptionally well.  Obviously I missed Trent tremendously but there was nothing that we could do about it.  I made sure to call him several times and text him throughout everything.  As we were waiting for the vial to unthaw, I thought I heard a woman say "Whoever is going to do hers today will be here until 4:00"  It had already seemed like it was taking longer than normal and my heart immediately sank.  I was afraid they were talking about me and I was afraid that meant that our numbers were bad in the 1 vial we unthawed and I thought we were going to have to wait on unthawing a 2nd vial.  It wasn't 5 minutes later, they came and got me and I said "I hope you have good news for me"  I looked down at the chart and saw 13.8million motile sperm count.  I about died when I saw this.  For 1, I already had in my mind that it was bad and we were going to have to unthaw a 2nd vial.  For 2, this is the best count we have ever had and for 3, I was totally shocked at the number because the paperwork I have states that there was only about 13.4 million motile sperm count before unthawing.  This means that we have more motile sperm after thawing than there even was in the vial all together.  There could be 2 reasons for this.  1)  There were 2 vials from that same day so maybe they just took a collective number and split it in half and said each vial had half of the total number.  In doing that, maybe it ended up where more than half the total number ended up in 1 vial and less than half ended up in the other vial. or 2) maybe someone miss counted either the Cryobank or the Fertility Center.  We would like to believe that option number 1 was the reasoning for the WONDERFUL numbers.  Anyways, back to the story.  When I saw on the chart walking down the hall that our numbers were 13.8 million motile, I immediately had to text Trent and tell him the wonderful news.  He was tickled to death and responded with Whooo Hooo.  Once we got in the room, I told the woman to give us a few minutes before I changed to pray then me and mom prayed, I got changed and the nurse came in.  First thing she said when she came back in was "I was praying with ya'll out there".  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Kristin done the procedure again this time.  We just loved the fact that she said she was praying with us.  Procedure went great.  Nice and quick as usual and then we were out of there.

Since mom had to take care of Trent's job today, we made sure to get all the same pictures as me and Trent normally does together. 
In the waiting room waiting on the vials to thaw
Right after IUI was done.
Mom making sure to get Trent's job done.  If you will remember, we got
a picture of Trent doing this the last IUI.
Me talking to Trentie after the IUI and letting him know how it went.
I wish I could have gotten a picture of it but I was driving so I couldn't.  Almost the whole way home, there was a little rainbow in the sky and it hadn't even rained at all.  We said that was God's promise to us.  On the way home, mom also talked to my daddy and he said "Today is the day".  I just pray that all of this is good signs and we will get pregnant off of IUI#5.

UPDATE:  I totally forgot to add a couple of important things.  1)  Another wonderful thing that happened today was we had a $70 credit that we were unaware of therefore this IUI was cheaper than normal.  With the cost we have already paid, this is always a HUGE plus to know we have saved money.  If we can save a penny, we are tickled to death. lol
2)  I forgot to tell when we test and all that good stuff.  We will be testing on February 9th so hopefully we will have the best Valentines Day we could ever imagine.  The funny thing about this month is Trent has ALWAYS wanted to have a spook baby and if we are pregnant off of this month of IUI, we will be due around October 22nd so Trent will get what he has always wanted.  Which will also be great because little Miss Kellen and our baby will only be 6 months apart.  Trent will be off of work the day that we test so that will be good that he won't have to deal with work after getting the news.  Hopefully this time it won't matter and we can just celebrate instead of sulking. lol

I figured while I was updating the blog, I would go ahead and post a couple of Beautiful sunset pictures tonight as we were coming home.  I didn't get our promising rainbow but we did get the pretty sunset.


Zoomed in

2 comments:

Smith1230 said...

Sounds like a lot of good things today. Praying all goes well in a few weeks.

The Haddock's said...

Yes very good things today. We even had a $70 credit we didn't know about so we even saved money. Thats always a HUGE plus. Oh yeah. I forgot to tell when we test. I will have to do an update