Friday, January 6, 2012

Poor Poor Trentie!

Well, life is treating us well for now.  Well, I say it is treating us well but there are a few bumps in our road right now. 

Poor Trent is all I can say.  First of all, the new medicine they have put me on has made me moodier than normal....I mean, its not an every day thing but when it hits me, it hits me.  For the most part, I am not just down right mean moody.  I will be grumpy but be smiling at the same time.  There has been a few moments thought that I have just been down right grumpy.  We really pray I am pregnant so that I don't have to go back through another round of this medication especially since the Clomid didn't do this to me.  My sister is pregnant and has been hilarious since she has been pregnant and tonight, Trent asked why I couldn't be more like her lol.  She claims pregnancy doesn't give you funny hormones but it sure has for her.  Maybe my hormones will change from moody to funny soon. lol

Secondly, I say poor poor Trent because he has yet again got kidney stones.  I am pretty sure I blogged it but I don't remember.  Back in November, he passed 2 stones and then was fine up until the week before Christmas.  He started complaining of having some discomfort in his back and side about a week before Christmas.  It wasn't constant but it was there.  Well, as usual when he gets kidney stones, he got the deathly ill Nausea, Vomiting and Diarrhea.  Well these deathly ill symptoms happened on the worst day.  Trent is just like a kid at Christmas time.  He LOVES Christmas.  Yep, he got the deathly ill symptoms on Christmas day.  The day after Christmas, he had really bad severe pain in his back and side.  From there, we decided that we would call the doctor even if he passed the stone on his own so that we could talk to him about trying some medication to try and prevent future kidney stones or at least try to prevent them from happening as often.  Well, he didn't end up passing them on his own and we met with the doctor.  We actually had to go to a new doctor because his doctor could not get him in for 2 weeks and the new doctor got him in the next day.  Unfortunately, we LOVED his old doctor.  We have seen his old doctor for not only the kidney stones but he was the one that had diagnosed his congenital absence of the vas.  We hated to switch doctors because he has helped us so much and again, we LOVED him.  Well, the new doctor is also Trent's dads kidney stone doctor and he has always really liked him alot so we gave him a try.  We are very pleased with the new doctor and it seems that we will Love him as well so I guess it didn't hurt to switch doctors after all.  It just really left us frustrated that his doctor couldn't see him for 2 weeks and a new doctor that didn't know him from adam got him in the very next day.  Anyways, the new doctor did put Trent on medicine and told him he absolutely HAD to start drinking more water or else the medicine could make the kidney stones worse.  He put Trent on diuretics to help keep the calcium flushed out of his kidneys and also set him up for a CT Scan.  Well, we got CT results back today and he has a 7mm kidney stone in his left kidney which the doctor believes could cause problems if it is not taken care of.  Trent is now scheduled for Lithotripsy on the 16th to bust the stone up and get rid of it.  Luckily, this is the only stone that was seen on the CT Scan so hopefully we can get it busted up and hopefully the diuretics will do its job and keep his kidneys clean of calcium.  Since the only stone seen is fixing to be busted up, it should be pretty easy to tell if the diuretics do help since after the 16th he will hopefully have none.  If he gets them again soon, we will know the medicine is not working.  Haha, I know it seems crazy but we knew we might need them for the future and we have saved 4 stones that Trent has passed on his own.  Luckily we kept them because the doctor did want them to send them off for analysis to see what his stones are made of.  We have had this done once before and the stone was made of Calcium Phosphate.  We should be getting those results back next week and depending on what these stones are made of, they may try him on more meds. 

I am so very proud of my Trentie.  Every since he seen the doctor on December 28th and was told he HAD to drink more water, he has not had a coke.  And while talking about that, I am very proud of myself because I have now not had a coke in 6 months.  Yah!  Go us!

Other than those couple things, life is treating us great.  Time is flying by thank God because that means we don't have time to focus on 2WW and things with fertility.  We are now only 5 days away from testing and hopefully my Trentie will have him an awesome late Birthday present.  There would be nothing better in this world right now than to find out we are expecting.

Every since I went to day shift about a month ago, I feel as if I have been missing in action.  I used to live on my computer but it is very rare that I get on it now.  I am liking day shift though and we are tickled to death that we are both on same shifts again.  The only part that sucks about me going to days is I was only working 3 days a week and I am now working 5 days a week. It's really not that bad though.  I have really been living on my sewing machine lately.  I am loving playing with it and making all kinds of different things.  I am never on the computer because what little time I have after getting home from work, I am on the sewing machine. lol.

Anyways, we hope you all are doing well and hope you had a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Smith1230 said...

Poor Trent! Hope this medicine helps him out.