Monday, January 16, 2012

Quick Blog - Fertility and Lithotripsy

First of all, I want to start with a quote in which I found the other day and immediately thought of our donor.  I feel as if we will never be able to repay him for everything that has been done for us.  This quote also makes me think of all those who have been so super supportive for us however he was definately the first one that I thought of.

"One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind" - Malayan Proverb.

This next quote I think is wonderful for everything we have went through.  I often wonder when it is time to move on and I often get questioned from others which sometimes makes me wonder even more however this next quote I apply to myself also. 

Never let anyone tell you, you can't do something, especially if they haven't done it!
- Unknown 


I sometimes tell myself I can't do this anymore however, I can't tell myself that I can't do this because I have been doing it for so long now that I know it is doable.  I sometimes doubt myself but I know with God that nothing is impossible.  We can do absolutely anything that we set our minds to. 

Today is CD1 therefore I will start my meds again on Wednesday.  We do not look forward to this since it made me moody last month but, we gotta do what we gotta do.  Normally they would bring me in to do the ultrasound on CD14 however, last month I detected ovulation on the new meds on CD11 therefore we went in on CD12 for the ultrasound.  They said that I had not ovulated yet however again, I was so close to ovulation that it detected it.  They had also said that if we had went in on our original scheduled date, it would have most likely been to late and we wouldn't have been able to do procedure.  All that being said, they said that I responded extra well to the new med Femara and they are having me to do the ultrasound on CD11 this month which means that we go in next week on Thursday.  If everything looks good then, we will do IUI on Friday.  I can't believe time has already rolled around and it is time for yet another round of IUI.  After this month, we will be forced into our couple month break.  Hopefully that break won't be needed and IUI#5 will do the trick but if it doesn't, I am anxious to see what the break will feel like.  I think I will feel unproductive and wish we were continuing with IUI's however, we do feel like the break will be a good thing.  We shall see.

Now on to Trent's Lithotripsy from today.  Today went well and the doctor seemed very hopeful.  He said that when he hit the stone with the shockwaves that it busted up so well, it basically disappeared.  He said normally that is a really good sign.  Hopefully he will be right.  Trent is actually feeling pretty good tonight after the procedure.  With the last one he had, he was pretty sore but with this one, he hasn't seemed to be that sore yet.  Who knows, that may hit tomorrow.  His biggest thing is he was still very sleepy after waking up from anesthesia.  He hasn't ever seemed to be so sleepy before after coming out of the anesthesia but I think they gave him an extra dose of it today. lol.  Hopefully after today, he has no stones and the diuretics the doctor put him on will do the trick and help prevent them in the future.  My Trentie has still not had a coke and is now almost 3 weeks coke free.  So very proud of him.  Hopefully this will also help with the stone production.

Just wanted to update everyone on our crazy filled lives and hope everyone else is doing well.

No comments: