Friday, January 25, 2013

IUI #9 is DONE!

Well, IUI #9 has come and gone.  I don't really feel like I have a whole lot to say so this will be pretty short.  Wednesday night I had blogged that we were holding up pretty well, wouldn't you know it hit me Thursday.  I had posted it yesterday on facebook but I broke down yesterday in tears.  I was fine until the moment that I picked up the phone to call the fertility center to leave a message for Lisa to call me back to see if she was going to be there today.  When I picked up the phone to call, it hit me hard.  I couldn't believe this was it.  As far as the IUI goes, I felt pretty emotionless concerning that but I was struggling with knowing that was the last time we would be walking in those doors unless we got pregnant today and the biggest thing I was struggling with was knowing I would never see those people ever again that have been such a huge part of our journey for the past two years.  Lisa called me back and said she would be there and that definitely made me happier.  She also told me she was putting a note on our chart so that the other nurses would know that she was doing our IUI today.  As I have said in a previous blog, I wanted nothing more than Lisa to do our last IUI.  She just always has the perfect words to say to cheer us up and give us hope. 

Today went well.  I cried a couple of times on our way to Nashville and just knew I would be an emotional wreck while at the fertility center but I really wasn't.  I cried once while there but I will get to that in a minute.  I had already prepared myself for whatever happens happens.  Today, I really didn't care what our numbers were as I always have in the past.  I didn't even look straight down at our paper today when they called us back.  I waited till we got back in the room to even look.  We had 6.9 million today which isn't our worst.  It is low but still acceptable.  Once we got in the room, we went over all of the chart information including donor info as usual.  As I was trying to sign that everything was correct, Lisa proceeds to tell us that she went around the facility and told everyone that she had a couple that she needed prayers for to become pregnant today so everyone was praying for us.  When she said that, I immediately started tearing up and my eyes were so teary, I couldn't hardly see to sign my name.  I finished signing after wiping the tears away and emptied my bladder to get ready for IUI.  Once I got back to our room, I asked Trent who was going to say the prayer over the vial today and he said me.  Ok, I remember now.  I cried twice while there.  When it was time to pray, I choked up again because I didn't know if I could make it through the prayer and I was correct.  I couldn't.  My prayer just got me too emotional as I pray that this one last time that God's will to be done and we be blessed with a child no matter what way that may be however, we just pray that pregnancy is an option for us.  Lisa comes back in and the IUI was done and over with in no time as usual.  Also as usual, she just gave us a sense of peace and comfort while we was there.  I also had no hope really in this last one since it hasn't happened in the 8 previous IUI's.  I am just trying to accept this cycle for what it is but she definitely helped to give me some extra hope that I needed.  We are so blessed to have met her as she has been so wonderful and calming to us through this journey.  She has made it so much easier on us.

After IUI #9. The last and final round. These days
 will forever be remembered even though they have lead us down a
 long hard road.
We will be doing as was planned last month before it got changed after my doctors visit with hives and possible reactions to the medications.  I will be taking a second Ovidrel shot as my Progesterone supplement instead of the Prometrium that I took last cycle.  I will take that on the 30th and we will be taking our last and final pregnancy test on February 13th.  Hopefully this Valentines day will be one to remember forever.

On one last final note, as far as my hives are concerned, I think I may have figured out what was causing them.  I was using a new body wash that I had never used before and in it's ingredients, it had flower extract.  Saying that I am severely allergic to anything outdoors, this makes me believe I am reacting to the body wash.  Yesterday was my first day not using the body wash and low and behold, today is my very first day not itching or breaking out in hives without taking my antihistamines.  Hopefully this will prove to me that the hives were related to the body wash and they will finally be gone and I won't have to deal with them any longer.

I reckon that is all for the night.  We will update everyone later once we test. 

No comments: