Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Camera

I have been wanting a new camera for a while which is no shock for me. I get a new camera what seems every year or two because I just cant find one that I really like. My last one I just got in November of 2008 and already wanting a new one. I know I am crazy. Anyways. I found a camera that I liked, but it was bigger and bulkier than normal but EXCELLENT reviews from what I could see. I went to get it and the person helping me talked me out of it and said I would not need a camera that nice for what I was wanting and talked me into a Kodak EasyShare something or another. Horrible experience with it. To make a long story short, I could not get the CD that came with it to download on to my computer and I just did not think the pictures were that great. Ok, but not great, seemed to be about same quality as last camera (so why pay for a new one and more expensive at that). Anyways, I went back this morning and traded that camera in for the one I really wanted in the first place and within 2 minutes I was hooked. Now I hope it does not let me down but so far EXCELLENT. It is a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS with 20x Zoom and 12.1 Megapixels. Here are some pictures of how AWESOME the zoom is.


This picture is from the road looking towards my house. You cant see it but on the porch a sign is hanging on the right side.

Here, I am standing in the same spot on the road and now you can actually see the sign and be able to read it clearly.


Here I am sitting in my living room against the wall. If you look down the hallway all the way to the very back wall, you can see a picture but you can't make out anything about it.

Again, in the exact same spot as the previous picture, now you can see exactly what the picture is. It is the cross stitching that I made for Trent a couple of years ago. The lights was out in the living room (however light coming in from outside) but the lights was also out in the hallway and you could still make this out clear as day.


My biggest complaint about all other cameras is that you just cant get very good low light pictures and by the last 2 pictures above, I think I just might have found my miracle camera. Like I said I just hope it doesn't let me down.

I am also excited because Ricky, Trent's dad, is being inducted into the Tennessee Baseball Coaches Hall of Fame this weekend and maybe I can just be his own little personal photographer. lol. Well it will be my first big experience with it so hopefully I will get some great shots.

I am also super excited to be taking it on our cruise with us. Oh yeah, I haven't even blogged that yet. Me and Trent will be going on a cruise in May leaving on our Anniversary. We are going to Cozumel and Calica. We are so excited to be able to go especially since this could be the last big vacation for a year or so.

I reckon that is all for now just wanted to show off my new camera.

No comments: