Sunday, October 21, 2012

Surprise Weekend & 1 week down


On Saturday morning, I woke up missing my sister and Kellen.  I text her and told her I wanted to see her and the baby and I didn't know what mine and Trent's plans were for the day but the whole family should try to meet in Murfreesboro and all go out to eat.  She then told me she was going out to eat with some of her friends for their birthday in Murfreesboro already.  We both thought it was a bummer that it just wasn't gonna work for us to all meet.  I had told her previously that me and Trent wanted to do something Saturday but just didn't know what we was gonna do.  She later text me to see if I had talked to Trent about our plans.  I had told her no that he was still in the bed.  The day goes on and me and Trent decide that we will have a fire pit night and roast some hot dogs and marshmallows because we didn't figure it would ever work to meet with Amber since she had already went to Murfreesboro once that day.  I had told him that we should ask his parents and see if they want to come over and sit by the fire with us.  We had to run to town and when we did, we stopped by his parents house and took them some apple pies that I had made them and got some fire wood from them.  We tell them we will start the fire around 7 if they wanted to come.  We ran to Walmart and came back home.  While we were in Walmart, Trent was making a mad dash around the store and trying to get out of there.  We finally got out around 6 and had an hour to get home and get ready for our company.  On the way home, Trent said while I get the fire pit stuff set up and ready, straighten up the house a little before they get here.  We got home and I started doing just that.  About 10-15 minutes later, he comes in the house and told me he needed help with something to come outside.  I walked outside on the deck and said "HELLO!!!!   WHAT THE HECK ARE YA'LL DOING HERE?"  Yep, right in front of me stood my sister, Kellen, mom, and Kate.  I said hello originally because I was happy to see them and then my second reaction set in which was shock and thats why I then asked what the heck were they doing here.  When I had text Amber earlier in the day, apparently she was on her way to moms house and she had decided at that point that they should surprise me and come see us for the weekend.  The funny thing is, she had been texting Trent all day making sure it was ok if they came and keeping him up to date where they were and stuff.  That is the reason he was in a crazy hurry to get home from Walmart.  We ended up having a fun little fire pit night with my family and Trent's parents.  I was so happy to have everyone here with us.  We all had a good time just socializing and relaxing.  Before we went out to the fire pit though, Trent's parents had to love on Kellen.  I thought it was too cute.  She loved Trent's dad.  She loves Trent so well that I just wonder if he reminded her so much of her Uncle PoPo that she loved him too.  She just smiled at him and tried to give him several kisses.  It was too sweet.  It really makes me look forward to the day that we can make Trent's parents Grandparents.  As Trent prayed before our last IUI, he prayed that God would just bless us with a child and be able to let his parents experience what it was like to be grandparents along with my parents even though they are already grandparents.  I can't wait for the day to be able to share the news with our families that they will be grandparents and my parents will have yet another grandchild. 
 
Kellen with Trent's dad.  Mom and Amber was calling him
"Poppa Ricky" even though he isn't her poppa but it just kinda stuck.
She loved him!
Kellen giving "Poppa Ricky" some kisses.
I can only imagine how rotten he will have his actual grand baby because he sure was loving on Kellen and wanted to take her home with him.

Kellen with her Nay Nay at the fire pit.  She really liked the fire and
was amused by it.
Sweet little sleeping Angel.  She fell asleep outside
at the fire pit then her mommy took her in to sleep.
Getting her some tummy time in.
Sweet girl smiling.  I swear she is the most precious thing I have ever seen.
The funny thing, just earlier in the day, my neighbor had sent me a message and told me next time Amber is up with Kellen, to let her know because there was a picture she was wanting to try to take and Kellen was the only little girl small enough that she knew.  Well, I ended up letting her know that they surprised me and came up so she came over and took some pictures.  Kellen was somewhat fussy off and on due to being in the car for so long so we was unsure how well she would do for pictures but she ended up doing great and for it to be an impromptu photo shoot, she got some WONDERFUL pictures of my sweet little baby girl.  On a side note, it is very unusual for Kellen to be cranky.  She is such a good baby and always has been but she has gotten to where she fights sleep and also, we wonder if she isn't trying to start teething.  She has been fussier than normal and she is drooling more too. Anyways, the below pictures are by Out of Focus Photography (my neighbor)
 
This is the picture she wanted to take from the
beginning.  I think it ended up being a little
difficult to get though because Kellen kept
trying to pull her feet out of the shoes.  Aren't
those fat little leg rolls just too cute though?


After she took the picture she wanted, she ended up taking more.  They all turned out wonderful but below are just a few of my favorites.
 

Oh my goodness, I just can't get over how
gorgeous this baby girl is.  Her Nay Nay
thinks she is the most beautiful thing ever!
I think she looks like her mommy in this picture
and those eyes and eyelashes are just to
die for.
Oh my goodness!  Couldn't you just eat her up?  Again, look at those eyes!
In this picture, she was looking at "Poppa Ricky"
It amazes me how much she liked him.  She has
only seen him once before and she was 9 days old
This picture, I just absolutely adore.  I love the mouth wide open smile and
the way she is looking to the side.  She was looking at me and
smiling with her mouth wide open while I was talking to her.
This is her mommys favorite picture. 
Last night on facebook, I said "There is one thing that can warm an infertiles heart more than anything and that is her B-E-A-U-TIFUL niece. This baby is Nay Nay's world. I just love her to pieces".  I honestly think with this statement though I speak for both me and Trent.  He also adores this baby girl so much.  I swear every time he sees her, he puts her to sleep.  She woke up last night close to midnight (which again is VERY unusual for her) and I went in there and took her from her mommy.  We gave her a bottle and Trent then took the fussy butt and took her to the room and put her to sleep.  He came out holding the sleeping baby and smiling.  I said you just think you got the magic touch to put her to sleep all the time don't you?  He said "no, I just love putting her to sleep.  I love feeling her just relaxing on me"  Oh my goodness my hubby melts my heart with kids but I don't guess any of you already knew that anyways.  I just think its precious.  We were talking today about him putting her to sleep all the time and I said I guess you will be putting our child to sleep all the time won't you?  He said "Yeah and I will sing to it too".  I just thought that was too cute because he also sings to Kellen to help put her to sleep.  I just LOVE seeing him with babies.  I know one day God will bless us but we are just waiting on that day to come.

Speaking of waiting on that day to come, we are 1 week down in our 2 week wait.  We will be testing a week from today and I am very anxious and ready to test.  At the same time, I am scared to test knowing that we only have probably 1 try left and maybe 2.  None the less, I know us getting pregnant chances are starting to run very slim.  If it's gonna happen, we need it to happen now.  If and when it happens, I just pray that God blesses us with the healthiest pregnancy possible.  I don't even mind if I am sick with the pregnancy but with everything we have been through, it would be an absolute nightmare for something to happen.  Not only that but if something was to happen like God forbid a miscarriage but if we were pregnant this time, again we only have 1 maybe 2 more times to try and make it happen and my biggest fear is something happening on our last try when we would then have to grieve a miscarriage and also grieve knowing we would never have another chance.  Anyways, for all those wondering, NO I am not stressing over that but of course I can't help but to fear the unknown in everything we have been through.  Honestly, that is not something I have thought much about but now that we are getting down to the end of it all, it sets in all new fears that we have never truly had to fear in the past.  I just pray God will continue to take care of us in every way and help us to become the parents that we have so long desired.

2 comments:

Smith1230 said...

Sweet pictures!

Christina Trull said...

So glad you got to have some 'Kellen time'. I can tell how much she means to you both. Hopefully you will get good news next week. Got my fingers and toes crossed and my head bowed for you! Love you!!