Friday, February 13, 2009

Doctors follow up

This morning I saw then doctor before I left work. He says NO apnea, narcolepsy or anything like that as we already knew. He said becuase of all the Spontaneous arousals I was having, he is associating everything to me working nights. The reason I am having so many arousals is just becuase I am sleeping during the day and that is not what my Circadian Rhythm (biological time clock) is set to. He has now put me on Ambien CR to help keep me asleep and keep me from having all the arousals while sleeping and also put me on Provigil which is a Stimulant to keep me awake while I am supposed to be. I had to Pep talk myself the whole way home and convince myself that I went to the doctor to get better so I need to take the medicine he prescribed to me. I hate taking medicines, that is just not my thing. I mean for crying out loud, I can't even remember to take my Birth Control. Speaking of which, I read in a pamphlet just a few minutes ago that Provigil actually increases your chances of getting Pregnant. Trent is sleeping therefore I have not had the chance to break this news to him. Anywho, I took the Ambien CR yesterday before going to bed. I fell asleep before I could even think about it and then I woke up in the very same position that I fell asleep in. Luckily I did not have any bad dreams, wake up and eat, etc as they say is a side effect of it. I then took my Provigil when I got to work tonight. I do feel somewhat more awake than I normally do. Hopefully this will help me so that I do not continue to sleep my life away. Anywho, that all, I just wanted to let everyone know how it went