Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Unit Atlast

Saturday, we got a check in the mail from our House insurance for us to get our unit replaced. We called our Unit Guy (Moby) and he came out yesterday and immediately got to things and got the unit replaced. FINALLY, all this headache is done and over with. We have been dealing with this for a month and a half now so we are so happy to have everything done. The good thing is, we got the unit replaced with one that is so much better than our old one. When they turned on the unit to make sure everything was working, we had the heat set lower than what we usually keep it and we walked over to the vents and the air was warmer than what it had ever been before. That being said, now hopefully we won't have to have the heat as high and save on some electricity now. We have had our unit off for going on 3 days now (other than when it was on yesterday being tested) so hopefully our electricity bill won't be much this month. The last two bills being at $300 has been awful. This one should not even be that much since we had the unit problem fixed but then with the unit off I can't wait to see how cheap it will hopefully be. On the other hand, I can't wait to see how much the new unit helps and to see how cheap that will make our bills from here on out. Ahh, such a sigh of relief this is all done and in the past now.

On a different note, I had my sleep study on Monday, and it showed NO apnea, PLM's (leg movements in sleep), or snoring (therfore Trent was lying lol) therefore they did keep me for the MSLT (which is the Narcolepsy test). For all of you who does not know how that works, this is a series of 5 naps 2 hours apart from each other. They give you 20 minutes to fall asleep, if you don't fall asleep you get up after the 20 minutes is up. If you do fall asleep, you only get to sleep for 15 minutes and then they wake you up. They are looking to see if you get any REM (deepest stage of sleep) during that 15 minutes of sleep. I did sleep during all 5 naps, however, I did not have any REM during any of those naps. Therefore, I am not Narcoleptic. During the day study where I just slept my full 8 hours, they did find that about 14 times an hour, I do have spontaneous arousals, which is enough in itself to make me sleepy during the day. The doctor had said before if I did not have Narcolepsy he though it was Idiopathic Hypersomnia so I am assuming that will be what he still diagnoses me with but with all those arousals, I don't know. I did not stay to meet with the doctor before I left but I will be seeing him in the morning before I leave work so I will update everyone tomorrow to let ya know what he says.

No comments: