Monday, October 24, 2011

1 Week away from Ultrasound and IUI # 2

God will make a wayWhere there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way

God will absolutely make a way where there seems to be no way.  A little over a year ago, we thought there was no way we were going to be able to have a child of our own and to be able to experience pregnancy but only by the Grace of God are we able to do what we are doing and we are so very grateful that God opened a door for us to make experiencing pregnancy and parenthood possible.  Some have made comments that appear that they don't know in what route we have took or in what lengths we have had to go through to make this all work. Yes, we have been pretty private to most in what direction we have went but I can assure you, our child is going to be one very special little miracle blessing from the good Lord above. We have definitely not went the normal way in which I am sure some are thinking but that is ok, that is what makes our situation so very different from so many and that is what is going to make our baby so very special.

We are now 1 week away from our 2nd IUI.  I can't say that as of a few days ago that I was even looking forward to it (just because it seems so emotionally draining) but as time approaches, I am getting more and more excited.  I just keep remembering in my head "The greater the risk, the greater the reward" (Thanks to my daddy for giving me that saying right before our 1st IUI).  We just know the day we find out we are finally expecting our little Miracle that it will be the best day of our lives until the day that sweet little blessing meets us in this world.  The biggest part I dread is the 2WW again.  That I believe was the hardest part of it all.  I honestly feel the 2WW was even worse than getting the negative test result.

If you will remember, the last round of Clomid caused horrendous hot flashes and 2 headaches one being pretty severe.  Well, this round of Clomid seems to not be affecting me much at all.  I had 1 headache and that seems to be it.  No true hot flashes that I have felt so far and today (Monday) is my last day of the Clomid so it appears that this month on it has been easy breezy.  I have never felt it before and I just assume it is because Clomid is working my ovaries more than normal but every since last month, I feel discomfort in my lower pelvic (ovary) area.  Its not severe by no means but it is uncomfortable.  Seems like today when I am walking, all the time but especially longer strides, I can really feel my left side feeling uncomfortable.  Clomid can cause ovarian cyst so I just pray that does not happen since I have had one before and it is pretty painful and I have heard that they may put IUI off if you have a cyst especially if it is a larger one so I really pray that does not happen.  I guess we will be able to see that when we do ultrasound in a week.  If they don't see anything like that, I may just let them know about the discomfort just to make sure it isn't ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome or anything like that since both medications I am on can cause that.  Again, I do just assume my body is being overworked more than normal with the medications.  I really don't forsee it being anything major.

I think I have already said it so I may be repeating myself but we go in for the Ultrasound a week from today on Monday October 31st and if everything looks great then, I will get the HCG trigger shot and then we will return on Tuesday November 1st for the IUI.

I am sure I probably won't be updating until next Monday after the doctor so STAY TUNED for hopefully some good news on some good Eggies! lol.

No comments: