Friday, October 21, 2011

Why do I always post the Bad and not the Good?

Well, for starters, I post the bad because I don't like just venting to poor Trent because he is so supportive and positive that I don't want to drag him down with me when I have my weak moments.  I don't always post the good because when things are so great, I don't take time away from the greatness to blog about it. 
I will say again that we have handled the negative result much MUCH better than I ever thought we would but I think its only natural to have weak moments and last night was one of those for me.  I often think maybe I shouldn't blog the negative depressing things however, it is life and it is what is happening in our life.  Also as someone else has said to me, "I know everyone wants to be a part of this journey with you so its a great way to keep everyone updated"  I know people have been asking family how we are doing and I just find it easiest to update everyone here as sometimes it is difficult for me to actually talk about and I must say it did help me to feel much better last night after blogging and getting it out.

Anyways, to some POSITIVES.
*I don't know how many times I have said it but, IF it was possible to make me and Trent closer, infertility done it.  We are so strong and so close.  Our marriage will NEVER cease to amaze me.
*When you are put through life trials, it will bring out the true person in you, I believe with all my heart that this journey has made us bigger and better people for what we have been through and accomplished. (and still trying to accomplish as we go)
*It has brought us closer to God.  Yes, we still question things but we KNOW Our God is in Control and has one heck of an amazing plan for our lives and our family.
*(WELL, I HAVE DECIDED TO END IT HERE.  I think since November is Thanksgiving, at the beginning of November, I will give 1 thing daily that we are thankful and grateful for just to show that we truly are blessed and to bring some positivity)
I want to end with 2 stories of my hubby.  The first being such a sweet story of my hubby and a little girl.  Trent went to school with this woman who has a little 4 year old girl which was hating going to Pre K and crying each day when her mom dropped her off.  Trent ran into the girl he went to school with a couple weeks ago and she asked Trent to come talk to her little girl and explain to her why it was a good thing to go to school.  A couple nights later while Trent was working, he went to talk to the little girl.  After he got done talking to her, he told her if she would promise to go to school and make new friends and like it that he had something for her.  He took her out to his patrol car and gave her a stuffed animal.  Later that night, the mom sent Trent 2 pictures.  One of her with the stuffed animal and the second one of the little girl how she slept holding that stuffed animal that night.  I just love how Trent gives out stuffed animals to the kids.  I think it is so precious.  Well, this week, the mom had sent me a message and wanted me to relay it to Trent that the little girl now wants Trent to come to her school and eat lunch with her because she has told all her friends at school about her friend Trent the cop.  The mom also said she was doing much better in school and not crying now.

Another story about my hubby I was reminded about the other day that I wanted to tell was last Halloween, he was working so he rode around in subdivisions and handed candy out to kids.  One of the parents was apparently so shocked to see a cop out riding around and giving out candy that she took a picture of her kid with Trent.

After those 2 stories, Yet again I can say,  MY HUBBY - MY HERO!!!  I truly admire my wonderful husband.  It makes me feel good to know he ain't a cop out there just cocky and thinks he can do what he wants just cause he is a cop.  He is a cop out there truly in my opinion trying to help the community.  I love to see him reach out to little kids and his interaction with them to try and help them.

Trent is getting low on stuffed animals again if anyone has some extras that you would be willing to spare.

2 comments:

Smith1230 said...

Those stories are so incredibly sweet. Definitely ones to cherish.

The Haddock's said...

Yes they sure are. He is such an inspiration even to me. :)