Sunday, October 30, 2011

Whoa, SUDDEN SHOCKER!!!

Oh my gosh, my heart is beating out of my chest right now.  I don't think I really expressed this during the last IUI but I was concerned that maybe we did not time IUI just right with my ovulation.  I was taking ovulation test and they always showed negative before our appointments which was fine since they would give me the shot to trigger ovulation.  I have always read you should do the IUI about 24-36 hours after the trigger shot and 36 hours being most optimal.  Well, for the last IUI, it was right at 24-25 hours later so this time, we wanted to try to schedule our appointment a little further out so that it would give us a couple more hours in between to hopefully be at a more prime time.
The reason my heart is just beating out of my chest right now is because, I AM ONE HAPPY GIRL!!!  For the past 4 days, I have been using the at home ovulation detecting kits and I have been getting this.

A circle means you are not ovulating.
Well, tonight, I got this
A smiley face means that ovulation has been detected.
I could not believe what I was seeing and I looked at the test 20 times to make sure it was really a smiley face.  I couldn't believe it so much that I had to take 2 just to make sure I was really ovulating.  Oh geez, I can't imagine how many test will be taken to make sure I am pregnant if I took 2 just to make sure I was ovulating. lol.  The thing is during the last cycle, we done the ultrasound to check follicles on CD13 and IUI on CD14 but this time, since CD13 fell on a Sunday, we had to do the ultrasound to check for follicles on CD14 which should have put the IUI on CD15.  Well, I guess that 1 extra day was just enough to let my body ovulate on its own without the trigger shot.  I was honestly scared to ovulate before my appointment for ultrasound but saying that I did ovulate on Sunday instead of Saturday, I am so tickled to death knowing that tomorrow will be an EGGS-cellant day for IUI.

We were originally scheduled tomorrow morning just to have ultrasound and get the trigger injection if everything looked good however, I am most certain that they will be doing IUI # 2 tomorrow since I have ovulated on my own.  I do wonder though if they will be able to tell size of my eggs now that I have actually ovulated on my own.  I am thinking they may still be able to tell us how many we have but probably won't be able to tell us size.  I guess tomorrow shall be full of surprises.

Knowing that I got this smiley face and I ovulated on my own takes away ALL fears of not timing it right during this IUI because tomorrow will be our absolute most fertile day therefore, I do not see a reason that they wouldn't do the IUI.

We just may have a little spook baby after all. 

Please continue to keep us in your prayers as this is a HUGE SHOCKER and so VERY UNEXPECTED to us that we would most likely have IUI tomorrow.  We were not prepared for that at all because it will be different from last procedure but we are definitely ready and can't wait.  We are just praying that tomorrow will be our SUCCESSFUL IUI.

Stay tuned tomorrow for more updates and for us to let ya know if we actually have it then or not.  Again, I don't see ANY reason at all that they won't do it tomorrow. 

2 comments: