Saturday, November 24, 2012

New Infertility Update

On top of all the normal life hecticness that you will see in the blog below this one, we have had a little bit of infertility craziness happen lately also.

First of all, this doesn't have anything to do with us but in the infertility support group, I met a lady who went through several rounds of IUI and has situations very similar to mine and Trent's.  Unfortunately, she was never able to become pregnant and they have now moved to adoption and are now in the process of all of their paperwork and home study information to get the ball rolling on adoption.  She is doing an online auction called "Fund Our Family" on Monday so I made some stuff and donated to her for her auction.  The things I made for her may not bring much but any little thing helps and I am sure will help add up.  I had made her 2 of my bandanna dresses and bows to match and then just 3 separate bows.  I had also made her 2 of my rice bags to put in the microwave and put on sore aches and pains.  She is also like me and blogs and that is how she is doing her online auction.  She has 2 different blogs but the blog she will be doing the auction on is http://www.chrisandsusanadopt.blogspot.com/  I would like to encourage my friends and family to check out her blog and her auction on Monday.  I don't know what all she has had donated to her but I hope and pray that they are able to do well with their auction and help "Fund their Family".  To get my items to her that I had made her, me and Trent met her in Cool Springs at Starbucks and just hung out and talked with her for a while.  I think it is so nice that I was able to meet people through the support group that I actually feel comfortable meeting and hanging out with for a while.  Her husband wasn't able to come with her but Trent really enjoyed getting to meet her.  I have talked alot about the support group to Trent and it gave him a slight insight into how great the support group is just by meeting this one lady from the group.  I am so happy and proud to say I will go back every chance I get.  The group only meets once a month but I hope to be able to go each time. 

As far as the updates with us.  As everyone knows, we submitted our application to Baby Quest Foundation to try and get help funding IVF (In Vitro).  The deadline was on Thursday November 15th and I overnighted our application to them on November 9th and it was received at the post office on the 10th.  I checked our tracking number daily and it never showed that our packet had been picked up.  On Tuesday, Baby Quest Foundation posted something on Facebook and I had commented on it and asked if my application had been received as my tracking number was saying it hasn't.  They responded back and said that it had been received.  We didn't know what the confusion was with the tracking number but was so happy to know our application was received.  On Friday, the day after the deadline, we received a notice by email from the post office that our package had still not been picked up.  I then turned around and called the post office that it was sent to and they reassured me my package was still there.  I then turned around and emailed Baby Quest Foundation that got back with me VERY quickly.  Like, to the best of my remembrance, it was within about 15 minutes.  They thoroughly apologized for the confusion.  Someone else submitted an application by the last name as Vaughn which for some reason is what my email shows even though I have changed it so they accidentally told me mine was received when it wasn't.  She also said that they have been to the post office several time in that week and even on the day of the deadline and didn't know why the post office hadn't given them our package.  They then proceeded to tell me that they would like for us to still be candidates for the grant and they asked if I could just email them our application as that would be the only way to still be considered.  Needless to say, I emailed them our application that night and she emailed me back saying she did receive everything.  I was very impressed with them and their quickness and kindness in responding to us to try and resolve all of the confusion.  I feel like I may be going out on a limb here and I am doing something I usually don't do but for those of you who like to donate to charities, foundations, etc.  I would like to encourage you to consider this foundation.  As you all will remember a couple of months ago I had talked about wanting to do something myself to help those in need with infertility and I feel like this foundation is a great way to give back to the infertile community.  This foundation was founded by a lady who struggled getting pregnant and her mother and I think it is wonderful what they are trying to do to help others in such difficult situations.  Even if we do not win this grant, I can't say enough good things about them as they were so friendly and wonderful when it came to all of the confusion of our application and getting things worked out.

On another note of the infertility, when I was put on the birth control originally to shrink the cyst to start our cycle of injections, we knew nothing about the Baby Quest Foundation grant.  The nurse practitioner said on the birth control, that would also allow us to come in sooner because it would make me start quicker than my normal cycle.  Holy cow!  I didn't think I would start that much sooner.  Today is only cycle day 23 and I think I am starting.  I normally don't start until about cycle day 30-33.  We had already knew we would have to sit this month out to wait and see if we received the grant or not but in the back of my mind, I was hoping my period and the grant would all happen right around the same time so that everything could just fall right into place.  We should know something I am guessing around the next week or 2 so we are anxious to find something out and get started back whether that be with In Vitro with the grant or finishing up with IUI most likely in just 1 more try.  I am now wondering though if I need to go on in to the doctor to see if the cyst is gone or if I need to go on another round of birth control to shrink it more or if I just need to ride it out on its own since we don't know anything about the grant yet and we are sitting this month out anyways.  I guess we will be calling the doctor on Monday to see what they recommend us to do as far as monitoring this cyst this cycle even though we are sitting out this month.

As far as I know, that is all that is really going on with us and the infertility world.  We are anxious to get everything started back up and see what will happen with these last 2 vials we have.

No comments: