Friday, November 23, 2012

Wow! Life has been Crazy!

This post will be a little long as I will just go ahead and update on everything that has took place over the last almost 2 weeks instead of breaking it all down into separate blogs.  Or maybe I will break it into 2 blogs.  Life and Infertility.
 
It all started last Monday when me and O'Mali wrecked.  O'Mali is my cars name since she is a Malibu.  Monday on my way to work, it was rainy and nasty out.  I got no more than 10 miles down the road going to work and hit a slick spot in the road.  Once I hit that slick spot, I hit loose gravel and then spun out of control.  O'Mali went flying through the median, almost went into on coming traffic and thank no one but the good Lord above for watching out for me, just in time threw me back to the middle of the median to my stopping point.  I am one blessed girl that the accident was not MUCH worse than what it was.  When I saw the damage on my car I absolutely couldn't believe it was not tore all to pieces.  The biggest thing that happened was the bumper on the driver side popped off and my wheels got scuffed all to heck.  For safety ratings, I give O'Mali a 10.  Trent kept saying she was built like a tank and I sure do believe it because it is just unbelievable that she doesn't have more damage than what she does.
 
We couldn't believe it when we saw that the piece that popped off was not
cracked or busted.
As you can see in this picture, it popped the back bumper off all the way
around to the trunk.
Trent was able to pop the bumper back on himself.  Now, you can't really
even tell she was wrecked.
The back side by the trunk.  It all popped right back on no problem
Oh but here is the part where you can REALLY tell
the damage.  I destroyed 2 of my poor wheels.
We went and got an estimate on the car and at the time, the body shop had another car on the lift so he was unable to lift the car up and really look underneath but he got on the ground and looked under it that way.  Our estimate was only $1,730 and the crazy part is the wheels alone is $944.  Again, I am in complete shock that it is not destroyed much worse than what it is after the joy ride that I went on.  The driver side is the only side that had any damage.  Basically all that happened other than the wheels being scuffed all to heck was on the front, it broke off my splash guard and made a couple of retainer clips pop off and then on the back side, again, I think all of the retainer clips was missing.  I cracked the bracket under the bumper which has to be replaced and also ripped a hole where a bolt was screwed into so now that has to be fixed.  Other than that, that is all I can really remember being wrong.  After we left getting the estimate, we took it to get her oil changed and while they had the car jacked up, they looked under it to see if they saw anything damaged and they said that under neath looked good other than having big clumps of mud and grass underneath.  While they were looking underneath though, they said the inside/outside of the tires tread was wearing and they didn't really know why.  This lead us to wonder if that may not have been what caused me to wreck.  When Trent got to me, he looked at my tracks and said I went on a little joy ride and if the ground had been dry, I would have most likely flipped.  I thought I was going to flip anyways.  He also said by looking at the tracks that he could tell I wasn't speeding like I will self admit I am good at.  I have always been paranoid in the rain driving though so I am always more cautious in the rain.  I was so mad because I couldn't believe my Kia was such a piece of crap and I never wrecked her but poor O'Mali is only 4 months old to us and has already been wrecked.  I do have to say though that this was not the first time that I had noticed O'Mali not handling well in the rain.  That is the absolute only thing I have ever noticed that I liked better about my Kia and that is I felt like she handled great in bad weather.  Anyways, another way you can tell something is wrong with her is the bumper appears to be VERY SLIGHTLY shifted and you wouldn't even know that if you didn't know I wrecked.  I think that will be a pretty easy fix as we have been told that if the bumper is taken off and put back on that it will just pop it right back into place where it goes and it won't be shifted anymore.  After I gave her a bath, unfortunately we did find 2 scuffs on her driver side and on the driver side door, there is some paint chipped away in a couple of spots so the estimate may be more now that we have found that.  Today, we got our new wheels put on and had her aligned and we have an appointment on the 26th to get poor O'Mali fixed until then, she is still perfectly drivable and you would never know she has been wrecked.  I am blessed.  The good Lord was watching over me.  That is all I can say about that.

I swear, if we didn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any at all.  The same week as my wreck, on Friday Trent told me that he thought he was getting another kidney stone.  He said he hadn't been hurting any however on Wednesday and Thursday, he had blood in his urine.  On Friday we were supposed to go to Manchester for family pictures so once I got home from work, we jumped in the car and headed to Manchester as we had planned.  Low and behold, we didn't get 15-20 minutes down the road and here came the pain.  Trent was about to die in pain.  He kept moaning and groaning and moving all around in the passenger seat.  He was absolutely miserable.  He hurt on a pain scale from 1 - 10 at constant 10 from about 5:30pm to 10pm.  We were supposed to keep Kellen that night and Amber did actually leave her with me however around 9:15pm, I took her home because I didn't know if we were going to end up taking Trent to the emergency room or not.  Finally, as I said around 10pm, it did ease up and we went to bed.  He slept great from about 11pm to 3am but then around 3am, the pain was back full force.  He didn't want to go to the emergency room in the middle of the night however from 3am to 6am, he was in constant pain of 10 again.  We finally went to the emergency room and got there around 6:40am Saturday morning and finally at about 8:30am, he got some Toradol pain medicine through IV and it finally started easing up.  So again he was in constant pain of a 10 severity from about 3am - 8:30am.  After the CT Scan results, they came in and said that he had a complete obstruction and they would most likely be admitting him into the hospital.  They ended up letting him go home but said that since we were out of town, if he did not pass the stone by Monday, he needed to call his doctor ASAP on Monday morning and get in for a Lithotripsy to bust the stone up.  Before we left the ER, they doped him up on Morphine and knocked him out.  Bless his heart.  Poor thing.  I don't know how he done it in the pain he was in and being so doped up but he toughed it out and went to family pictures later that day.  He struggled keeping his eyes open but you can't tell in the pictures.  We took our pictures first and then he went and laid in the car while everyone else finished pictures.  Below are a couple of the pictures that were taken.

 
Me and Trent with Kellen and Colton
The Vaughn Family Photo
Sweet Beautiful blue eyes.
I just love her little Christmas picture and her little Miss Santa outfit
me and Trent got for her.
Little Mischievous looking thing in this picture.  I just
can't believe how much Kellen looks like him.
Me and Trent drove home Saturday night after pictures and Thank God for Tullahoma emergency room is all I can say.  No doctor has EVER given Trent any pain medication that has taken care of Kidney stones however, the Tullahoma emergency room sent him home with 2 different prescriptions that both done the job.  Unfortunately though, he had to keep one of the two of them in his system 24/7 because if they wore out the slightest little bit, he would be in pain.  Monday morning rolled around and he had still not passed the kidney stone and continued to suffer if he didn't have meds in his system so I called his doctor to try to get him in.  Let me back up and give a quick story because I don't know if I did in the past or not and it has been a LONG time ago if I did.  Trent's original Urologist is Dr. Khim.  We LOVE Dr. Khim as he had seen Trent for several kidney stones and done surgeries on him in the past for kidney stones and then he also diagnosed our infertility.  Well, last time we needed Dr. Khim for kidney stones, he couldn't get Trent in for 3 weeks.  We thought this was ridiculous so we turned around and called Dr. Marshall, Trent's dads urologist to try and get in with him.  He got Trent in the very next day so we then unfortunately switched doctors.  Again, we loved Dr. Khim because he had done so much for us in the past.  Well, Monday when I called to get Trent in, I called Dr. Marshall's office which said they couldn't get him in for 3 weeks.  I told them it was an emergency and he had to get in QUICK.  They then referred me to a nurse which still was no help at all and said that Dr. Marshall was referring his own pt's to a Dr. Krops and we needed to call him.  I took Dr. Krops phone number but thought before calling him, we would try Dr. Khim's office again.  Well, I called Dr. Khim's office and explained to them that Trent was a patient of Dr. Khim's and it was very urgent that he gets in ASAP.  The lady then informed me that they didn't have any openings and that Dr. Khim had not seen Trent in 2 years so he would probably be better off returning to the emergency room.  Well, of course, that was the wrong thing to say to me.  When Trent is sick or in pain, I turn all kinds of crazy wife because I HATE seeing him so miserable.  I then replied to her "Yes ma'm.  But the reason he hasn't seen him in 2 years is because last time we needed you, you couldn't get him in for 3 weeks and we had to go to another doctor."  I think she realized at that point that I was serious and he needed to be seen ASAP.  I have always heard that Dr. Khim would work patients in if he knew about them but his front desk staff just turns people away without talking to him.  I put this fault totally on the staff and not Dr. Khim because again, we LOVE him.  After she heard my reply, I am sure she could tell my frustrations from last time this happened and she put me on hold.  I am sure at this point she actually went and talked to Dr. Khim because she came back to the phone and said "If he can come in, we can work him in between our other patients.  He may have to sit here all day but we will get him in when we can."  I said "Ok, that's fine if he sits there all day as long as you are telling me he WILL be seen at some point today."  She then proceeded to say he would definitely be seen.  I was at work so I called Trent's dad to have him to drive Trent to Dr. Khim's office because he had just taken a pain pill 3 hours prior and I would meet him at the office.  Once Trent got there and signed a release for them to get records from Tullahoma emergency room, I guess they seen how emergent the situation was and they got him back right away.  We saw Dr. Khim at about 10:30am and went straight over to the hospital for pre op and he had surgery (Lithotripsy) done at about 1:30pm.  After the surgery, Dr. Khim said he hit the stone pretty hard and he felt like it probably busted up good but he did need to return next week for a follow up and x-ray to see if it did take care of the stone.  He also told me that he was on call over the weekend to call him if we had any problems what so ever.  I told him Thank You for working Trent in so quick and by his response, it kind of reassured me how urgent the situation was and how bad it HAD to be done right away.  He had said no problem and basically he was glad Trent came in because it HAD to be done.  Trent has never bruised so bad with a Lithotripsy before so they must have hit him really hard with the shockwaves.
The bruises on Trent's back from the
Lithotripsy.
Usually after the Lithotripsy, Trent is a little sore and achy but usually not in pain.  On the way home from the surgery, he was joking around and being almost his normal silly self.  I was so more than happy to finally see him smiling and happy again.  That was so short lived though.  Monday he was sore as usual but not in bad pain or anything but when Tuesday rolled around, the pain started back.  Wednesday he was in pain.  He was in so much pain and so nauseated this night that we almost called Dr. Khim at about 8-9 that night.  Thursday, he was in pain.  Finally, today he woke up and felt good.  Today he is very much so his joking and cutting up normal self.  I am so very happy to see him happy and feeling good again.  It has been a week since I have seen him this close to his normal self.  I only hope it continues and he doesn't have a set back again.  He said today he still doesn't feel 100% but he feels about 70-75% normal.  This kidney stone is so much different than any before.  I only imagine it is because they said he had a complete obstruction because we have never been told this before.  This stone has kicked his butt. 

I guess after all of this, this is pretty much all of the normal life update I had to give.  I will update everyone with our infertility stuff in the next blog.  I hope everyone is doing well and had a very Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: