Saturday, November 24, 2012

When it Rains, It Pours!

Welp, just as I wonder what more could really happen to us something else happens.  Today I left the house to go Christmas shopping for Trent while he stayed at home to put up the Christmas stuff.  As I was checking out at my very first place, I got a call from Suntrust.  "Please call us immediately due to questionable transactions on your account".  Yep, that's right.  Someone stole my debit card number and was having fun in Canada.  Thank God for Suntrust.  This is the 2nd time this has happened to me and I have to give Suntrust credit.  They catch it quick and put a stop to it.  Luckily they only spent $115.  It could have been much worse.  It appears Bell Mobility is where the transaction was run and apparently that is a cell phone company in Canada.  I guess I just allowed them to keep their service for another month.

Everyone watch your checking accounts because it sounds like there has been several fraudulent cases lately.

2 comments:

Christina Trull said...

I haven't turned my computer on in several days.....WOW, I sure missed a lot of stuff! So sorry to hear that Trent has been so sick with that @#$%&## kidney stone. They are the worst! I have my fingers crossed about your grant, hope you hear from them soon. I am so relieved that you weren't hurt when your car decided to drive without your permission, that must have been so scary! I remember seeing that on fb a few days ago but must have had a senior moment and forgot about it until I reread it in your blog. Love you bunches, hope things smooth out for you guys soon. Oh, I LOVED the pictures! They are totally awesome!!

Smith1230 said...

I hate when this crap happens. I hope Suntrust is like Ascend and will credit the money back into your account and go after them for you!