Friday, November 2, 2012

Cycle Day 1 = Cancelled Cycle

All day yesterday I knew it was time for me to start so I was anticipating it all day.  Ready, excited, and couldn't wait.  I wanted to start so bad so we could get this month started.  We are so ready to do our next IUI with injections.  Just as I had expected, I started in the middle of the night.  I was so excited this morning to head to Nashville knowing we would be starting our injections on Sunday. 

Unfortunately, Trent had just got off work this morning and was unable to go with me to my appointment this morning.  We already knew that he wouldn't make some of the trips with me this month as I would be going several times for just basic monitoring with ultrasound and blood work.  Anyways, once I got to Nashville, our fate of this month would all change in an instant.  Sometimes, my veins play difficult and they have to stick me a couple times to get my blood so I drank a whole big bottle of water on my way to Nashville to try to hydrate myself a little.  Once I checked in, they called me back, drew my blood and THANK GOD got it on the very first try.  My sucking down the water done the trick.  After that, I had my ultrasound.  During the ultrasound, the ultrasound tech said "You have a cyst on your right side".  Oh great I immediately thought and I said "does that mean we will have to skip this month?"  She then said "Yes.  Well, I can't and won't be the one to make that decision but yes, I am sure they will make you cancel this cycle".  Oh great I thought again.  We really don't want to skip a cycle.  We are so ready and can finally say we are excited about this cycle with injections and just really want to make everything happen.  Bummer.  Anyways, once the ultrasound was over, they sat me in a small waiting room to wait on the Nurse Practitioner to come get me and talk to me.  Once she got me into a room, she was saying we definitely had to skip this month.  There are a couple different options.  I could either ride this cycle out on my own or I could take birth control pills.  After talking with her, I told her I just wanted to do whatever was best and whatever she would recommend.  She recommended I take birth control pills for a couple of reasons.  1)  It would help the cyst to shrink quicker and 2)  It would most likely make this cycle go a couple days quicker since my cycles are normally 30-33 days.  She said that Fertility drugs can cause cyst and I most likely had this cyst because last month I had 3 follicles on the right ovary and the right ovary is where this cyst was so I guess I can say Thank you Clomid 100mg for not giving us a baby and for also delaying the process of us trying to have one.  She said the cyst was 44.something mm so they would give me the birth control this month and see what it looks like with my next period.  If it is gone, we will start injections.  If it's not gone, we may have to go on another month of birth control.  We will basically have to wait around for this cyst to disappear or shrink enough for us to do the injections.  They said if the cyst was around 13-14mm, they would do blood work and see what the cyst was doing to my hormone levels and if the cyst wasn't messing with my hormone levels, we could start the injections but if it was messing with my hormone levels then we would have to continue with birth control or keep riding it out on my own before it goes away.  Again though, the birth control helps to shrink the cyst.  So now, instead of staring injections on Sunday, I will now be starting birth control on Sunday.  Fun Fun.  Sucky

It really sucks.  Now that we are having to sit this cycle out, we will most likely be testing right before Christmas IF we get to do the IUI next month and that don't end up a cancelled cycle too.  This does not excite me at all.  If we are not pregnant by Christmas, this is our 4th Christmas come and gone since we started trying that we will be yet again childless.  I am already struggling with Christmas this year and testing right before Christmas is definitely not going to help things.  Before anyone ask, NO we will not choose to sit it out if the cyst is gone.  We want nothing more than to hurry up and become parents and we want nothing more than that sweet little Christmas miracle that we could potentially end up with. 

Now speaking of Christmas, I am going to ask a HUGE favor out of our family and friends.  Please be mindful of us and our situation and as we will not know if we are pregnant or not before people start sending out Christmas cards, please Respect us and not send us Christmas cards with children or baby pictures on them.  I don't mean to sound harsh or mean by asking this but as I have said before, seeing other peoples children and babies are just constant reminders of what we do not have and around Christmas time, it is just going to make it 100 times more difficult on us as Christmas is such a Wonderful family holiday.

I will keep everyone updated as we make more progress towards the injections however, at this point, we are at least about a month out from that.  We pray that the cyst will be gone by next month and we can start back up trying to achieve all of our biggest dreams.

No comments: