Monday, November 10, 2008

Bullet the Moose

Well about 4 o'clock this morning I found yet another spot on Bullet under his arm. This one looked fluid filled and swollen. Of course I called the vet and took him. We walked in the door and the woman immediately said THAT IS NOT BULLET and I said yeap it is Bullet. She could not believe it. She really thought we got another one. She said oh my gosh he is a moose. Well of course I had been thinking he was getting bigger but I thought well I am just around him so much I did not notice the huge difference. We got back in the room and they weighed him and oh my gosh. On October 6th, he weighed 44 pounds. Today he weighed 59 pounds. Therefore, he has gained 15 pounds in 1 month and 4 days. Holy cow wow. Since he went last time, we had changed his food to Purina Beneful Healthy Growth for Puppies and obviously he is liking that food alot more than what he had before. Since he is actually eating with this food, we are switching him to the Beneful Healthy Weight for adult dogs with the next bag we have to buy. Anyways, they decided to do a skin scrape to make sure nothing else was going on other than allergies such as possible mange due to other dogs not getting out of our yard (that would be Bullets brother and the other 8 year old lab next door). Thank god the skin scrape came back normal and yet again it is just allergies. My poor dog is now back on Cortisone spray, antibiotics, and benedryl. On top of that, he has started allergy shots today. Hopefully these will help him and we will not have as many problems. The vet said that he will not give them every month due to it causing internal problems to dogs giving it too much but it would be perfectly fine to give them about 3 times a year. We will just watch Bullet and see for how long this shot helps him and go from there how often we actually give it to him. So on a normal everyday basis, Bullet will be taking Benedryl and the allergy shots every few months for the rest of his life. He will only be on antibiotics and the cortisone spray when he has these god awful spots popping up on him.

We will also be taking him within the next month or two and have him fixed. My poor baby can not stay out of the vets office. Oh well we gotta love him anyways.

I reckon that all for now just wanted to let everyone know about the baby.

Oh and here ya go Heather hope ya like this layout better. I getting in the Christmas Spirit. I love Christmas

1 comment:

Smith1230 said...

I didn't have a problem with the last layout. I loved it. But this one is much easier to read. ;)