Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Late Thanksgiving

Let me start off by saying I woke up Thursday morning and told My hubby that I was so very Thankful for him and also for being able to have such a nice house for being so young. I thank God everyday for allowing us to be so fortunate to have what we do. We had a great Thanksgiving and hopes everyone else did too. It all started on Wednesday night. Me and Trent went out to eat with Bradley, Ashley, Jamie, and Emily and had a great time. It was really good to see Jamie and Emily cause we had not seen them in a while. After leaving there, Bradley and Ashley came back to our house and we just hung out with my mom (dad was already in bed). After they left around 12:30, me and mom went to WalMart and done all the shopping for our food for Thursday. We got home and went to bed. Woke up Thursday and forgot something at store so had to run back out. We got back home and got busy cooking while me and Trent were also trying to clean. Finally around 6:00 we got to relax and start eating with the family. We had my parents, Trent's parents and sister, and us over. It ended up being a huge meal and very nice. We had so much food we did not know what to do with it all. We had Ham, Turkey, dressing, okra, corn on cob, mashed potatoes, red potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs, rolls, giblet gravy, broccoli and rice casserole (maybe I didn't leave anything out) and last but not least, for desert we had, Watergate salad, pecan pie and a Pumpkin roll. Everything was so good and I was so Thankful to be able to spend it with the family and being able to do it in our Home was the best. Thursday night or I guess you could say Friday morning at 12:00, me and Trent went out to look at TV and make the final decision if we wanted to get one. We finally left WalMart and got back home around 1:00am. Trent watched a movie and we headed back to WalMart around 3:15 to get in line for what we wanted. Trent ended up being 3rd in line for the TV and I was first in line for a portable DVD player and after I got that, I ran to the toys to pick something up for mom for Colton. Sale started at 5 and by 5:15 we had already checked out and had everything loaded up in the car. We walked out and Trent jaw about hit the ground. He had never been to one of these before so he did not realize how crazy it was and would not believe me when I tried to explain to him how crazy it was. The WalMart parking lot was maxed out with every isle backed up to the very last parking spot. He says he hopes he will never ever ever have to go through a mad house like that again. We actually went back in and met up with Ashley and Bradley and I got a new Camera also. I was much over due for a new camera, my old one was a major piece of crap. After going back in, we did not get home until about 7:30 and of course Trent could not live without putting up his new TV. He finally got in bed a little after 8 and then had to get up and get ready for work. Mom and dad did not leave until Saturday morning and I had a great time with them. I was so very thankful that they were able to come up and actually spend 3 night with us. Here are a few pictures.

here is my little last minute table set up for our dinner. We ran to the dollar general, yes dollar general and found this stuff. I thought it was really cute. I don't think you can tell in this picture but the green table cloth has little leaves imprinted on it. Very cute and pretty. And of course you can see the runner, it is just really fall looking but the little things on the table was super cute. They were cute little boy and girl scarecrows and a glass pumpkin in the middle.

Here it is a little closer.


here is our new TV. It is very nice. We love it. Definitely more fun to play Wii on the bigger TV. We were used to a 27inch plain jane old TV now we have upgraded not only to a 42inch but to a LCD flat screen. Trent wanted a 50inch but I definitely think this was good enough.

Now we are getting ready for Christmas and we are officially done shopping. Thank God. After a new living room suite, TV, and all the Christmas shopping, we feel like some poor folk. This is our tree with all the gifts except for about 7 of them of which I have not gotten in yet. I had ordered them at a party and have not got them back yet however they are already bought and paid for.

We also took some Christmas pictures on Thursday after eating. Here is just one of them we took. I thought it was cute. We are holding our big ol' baby.

I reckon this is all for now but I hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving and enjoying getting ready for Christmas.

1 comment:

Smith1230 said...

wow. don't show ben that tv. we are thinking about getting one for the bedroom sometime.