Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!!!

Ugh. I hate April fools. People need to make it funny and not scary. Usually I am not tricked but Dang ol' Trent got me at like 2:3o am after he realized it was April fools. He was working tonight so he called me and told me that he was hurting, he had just gotten into a wreck and Pope (one of the other cops) and an ambulance was on the way. I had just woken up from a nap like 2 minutes prior to this call so needless to say I was not fully awake and realizing things at this point. I was totally clueless and freaking out asking where he was and if he was ok. I kept yelling this is not funny don't be playing a trick like this on me and he kept repeating I am not playing, I really have had a wreck. (at this point still not realizing it is April fools) I continue to freak out and he finally says "APRIL FOOLS". I was not mad but I definitely did not find it funny. NO not even after it was done. He realized afterwards that it was not such a good joke to play but he wanted to do something that I would fall for. He knows I worry about him at work and that is the only reason it was not a good idea to do that joke. I definitely fell for it though.

So just to prepare everyone else, try not to get April Fooled today.

Other than that, life is great in the Haddock house. Still counting down days till Boston. We are now only officially 21 days away. Oh my gosh we can't wait. Lawrence County, hmm where to start. (lol) More has happened since our last post but we won't go into details on it. It should not end up being a big deal but definitely freaked me out in the beginning. On another note, things have happened (not concerning Trent) that I can't help but to laugh on the inside about. On another note, we have just found out that Trent good buddy Bradley is having to go to Iraq in May. This was a shock to us and we just ask that everyone keep him and his wife and family in their prayers. Other than that, it does appear that the crazy Lawrence County drama is finally calming down. Thank God. We have definitely had our fill of craziness over the past 2 weeks with Trent work alone and definitely need all drama gone and out of our lives. We are so happy with our lives and where God is taking us. We really could not ask for things to be any better.

I have always been the quiet type of person till ya really get to know me and I always try to make myself not be that way. Well I never really talk to anyone at Trent work or try to get to know them or anything but tonight was quiet a night. I won't go into any stories or anything but Trent has gotten really close with another cop on his shift named Pope. I had decided tonight I was going to text Pope and mess with him and oh boy, One thing led to another and it turned into me going to Walmart at 3am to play a joke on him. It was so funny. I kinda feel like I learned a lesson tonight that I really should learn to liven up and enjoy being around others and learn to talk more. Me and Trent were talking the other night and he thought I was crazy but in high school, I didn't have friends really. Everyone liked to party, be full of drama, and do things that I did not do so I just stayed to myself and went on with my life. In that aspect, I have always been a loner and really don't care if I have anyone. I have always needed Trent and his attention but other than that, I got him and my family, What more do I really need? Therefore, it is hard for me to this day to really get out and make friends and get to know people and if I do, it is just not so easy for me to take my time away from Trent to give to them. Like I said I got him and my family and I do have a few close friends but other than that why should I just go out of my way to be around others. I still see that even now 6 years after high school, people are still the same way. Full of drama, party people, basically just not my type of people. After tonight, I did kinda realize that I really should liven up and get to know people more. I do enjoy others company but can't get past some peoples ignorance, drama, childishness, complaining, etc etc etc. But I will try to do better and be more open to people. Key word is TRY.

During typing about friends and blah blah blah, I could not help but to think about my Heather. Gosh I miss that girl. We used to have so much fun in Winchester together. The things we would do to keep ourselves up and the things we would say. Oh them days. I give my Heather a big whoop whoop and "I will throw you in the hammer, I mean slammer." I love you girl. I can't wait till she has her little Alli. I will be an Aunt Ashlie.

Anywho, I guess that shall be it for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful April Fools without being fooled. At least not in a bad way.

1 comment:

Smith1230 said...

;) You're so silly. I was on the phone with Ben this morning and the guys a the fire hall were testing the sirens on the trucks for the morning checks and it sounded like whoop whoop. haha