Monday, April 13, 2009

What a Morning

Wow. I had CPR class today at Baptist and really did not want to go. Well God granted me my wish. I was up, dressed, and ready to go. I jump in my car, take my provigil, set my GPS and I am on my way. I get about 15 miles down the road and the speed limit changed so I was speeding up and just as I was doing that, my car jerked really bad. I immediately looked down becuase I realized that something just wasn't right and the car was no longer running. The check engine light along with 2 other lights was on. I coasted my way to the side of the road and thought Oh Great. Trent had just got into bed about 2 hours before that and was sleeping all day becuase he has to work tonight. I had no other choice but to call him. Side note: trying to call Trent and wake him up while sleeping is near impossible. I had got stuck in traffic one other time and litterally called like 10 times before getting him to answer. Anyways, back to the story. I called once, no answer. I sat there and pondered only about 5 seconds. Thought about calling Ricky (Trent's dad) since I knew he was out of school. Nope called Trent once more and Luckily and shockingly, he answered. Poor thing got out of the bed and came to me. While sitting there waiting on him all alone, It just made me realize even more just how much it kills me how people do not get over in the other lane when they see people sitting there with flashers on. I thought at one point someone was going to hit me. I kept watchin in my rear view mirror and someone was swerving all off the road and finally straightened back up right before they got to me. Trent finally gets there about 15 minutes later and tries to jump start the car. Us not thinking that was the problem anyways but was worth a try. Obviously, that did not work. Trent dad ended up showing up about 30 minutes later and really thinking it was the alternator. We call a guy that Trent knows and went to school with and he has a Auto repair and towing service called Rails. He came and towed us away and we were talking on the way home saying this was the worst time for something to happen with our vacations coming up but luckily we have the money in savings. We would not want to spend it though becuase we heard and thought alternators were expensive. I teased Trent and told him that he was not gonna be able to go to Omaha cause he had to repair my car. Without skipping a beat, he replies, "no it is your car, so you can't go on your cruise." We are nuts. Anyways. We got a call once we got home and Rail's had said that it was the fuel pump. It had totally just quit working. He is checking everything else to make sure nothing else went bad but we are thinking just the fuel pump. This is a good thing becuase it is much cheaper than what an alternator would have been.
As we were sitting there waiting on his dad to see what he thought, I was bored so I pulled out my camera to look at previous pictures taken. Trent says this is not a photo opportunity Ashlie. Ok yes I take pictures of everything but really was not going to take pictures of this. Since he said that, I just had to get a picture of him.
Poor baby, he really did need to be at home and in the bed. I feel so bad for him, now he is barely gonna get sleep before he has to work. Yes I know that is a hubbys job but gosh I just think he is the Bestest Hubby in the whole darn world. lol

Yeppers their she is, getting towed away. As we are hoping it is nothing too expensive.

Anywho, just figured I would share our fun morning with everyone since I sat there for about an hour and 45 minutes. Ugh. I shall never whine about having to go to CPR class again. Hope everyone has a Better day than what I have already had.

No comments: