Thursday, March 12, 2009

My HUBBY, My HERO

All I can start out with is OH WHAT A DAY yesterday. Me and Trent had both only had 3 hours of sleep and returned to work that night unwillingly. I will not go into great detail on the blog about the things that went on due to them being work related for Trent. Trent does not like me going into much detail on the blog about some calls he goes on and this one would definately not fly with him. I don't think I would post it wether he agreed or not. Anyways. We will just sum the call up just by saying it came out on the radio like it would be a quick easy call but turned into more than it seemed. Let me take you several months back by saying Trent has not worn his Bullet Proof vest in several months and I have harped on him every day because of it. His vest does not fit him properly and that is why he does not like to wear it because that makes it uncomfortable. It still covered his chest so it was better than nothing but he did not see it that way. He had turned into the department a while back to get a new one but they never approved it so he just forgot about it. However I still pushed the fact that we would just pay for it and he would get a new one anyways. He had always told me to quit freaking out relax and everything would be ok. (me knowing anything is possible in his work force) Lets just say that after what had happened yesterday, he made the statement that he thought he was 10 foot tall and bullet proof but he realized that he is onlly 5'8 and not bullet proof. He said yesterday was definately an eye opener to him that no matter how small the call is anything could happen. He had told me that he was sorry and he understood my concerns but not to worry that from now on out, I can bet the vest will always be on while at work. Before leaving for work yesterday, he put the old vest on and will continue to until he gets a new one. He had went back into work last night and tried to get approved yet again for a new vest and they told him to wait until July. At this point, we are not waiting any longer. We will take matters into our own hands and get him a new one ourselves. If they can get one in July then we are just thinking they can reimburse us then. We will probably be going this weekend to get him fitted for a new one and hopefully they will have his size in stock if not then we will have it ordered. He knows exactly what kind he wants that is most comfortable and everything for him so it should not be very difficult. The one he wants is pretty pricey but price is not an option to me. I would and will do whatever it takes to have him safe and protected at night. I say it all the time but MY HUBBY truly is my HERO. I am so proud of him and everything that he does. I am so thankful to God for his safe return home each and every day.

Just want to end it with Trent's favorite Policemans Prayer.

POLICEMANS PRAYER
Oh Almighty God,
Whose great power and Eternal wisdom embraces the Universe,
Watch over all Policemen and Law Enforcement Officers.
Protect them from harm in the performance of thier duty to stop crime, robberies, riots, and violence.
We Pray, help them keep our streets and homes safe day and night.
We recommend them to your loving care because their duty is dangerous.
Grant them your Almighty protection,
Unite them safely with their families
After duty has ended.
AMEN.

No comments: