Saturday, March 21, 2009

Policeman's Wife and Dreams Fullfilled

It seems that the past few weeks have been so crazy as far as Trent's work is concerned. There have been several calls that I have known he was going on and all I could do was suddenly pray for him and his safety that everything would be fine. You hear so many people say how hard it is to be a policeman's wife, blah blah blah. I feel that it could be difficult in its times however I do not feel that it is hard in the ways that most people mean it. The only way that I think it is hard is the part of being worried about his safety and his safe return home. Here is a Poem that I sometimes think about and I really try to take the last verse to heart. When he gets home I always love to hear his stories of what happened that night just to give him a chance to get everything off his chest and let everything out if he saw anything crazy or if he just needs to vent or what not. I always try to be brave and a good support for him. I must admit it is hard for me to be brave at times but I just trust in God that everything will be fine.

I Am A Policeman's Wife

A policeman's wife I'm proud to be
But in my heart I know
He might not make it home again
Each time he's called to go.

I believe that as his wife
I have a special part to play
To encourage him and love him
And support him all the way.

He always does his very best
But society has its flaws
And he's in danger everyday
From those who break our laws.

And so I say a prayer and hope
That there will come a time
When we don't have to live in fear
Of violence or of crime.

I know he is the bravest man
That I will ever see
And I will try, in my own way
To match that bravery.


As I was typing this, I knew that Trent was in the middle of something serious as it usually seems to be lately. Trent has always dreamed of and wanted to get into a high speed chase for whatever crazy reason. I guess it is just the crazy cop adrenaline rush type of thing. Lets just say his Dreams have been full filled and he got what he wanted. He says he is good to go now. I say I am ready for everything to calm down and there be some peace and quiet every now and then (at least for a while).

As I have previously mentioned, I am so very Proud and Honored to be a Policeman's wife. I love him so much and respect him for his bravery. Even though I am proud, I have to admit, it can be a bit worrisome at times. I love you Trentie. You are my Hero!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hello Ashlie! I got to your blog through Amber's! I am so happy you have one so I can see what you and Trent are up to. Hope you are doing well! See you soon!