Saturday, January 10, 2009

More on the Baby

So today i had some questions for the vets office so as soon as I got in from work, I stopped by there. They said Bullet is doing really good this morning. He is actually eating today for the first time in 6 days. They said the did not want to get my hopes up since Parvo is such a roller coaster in dogs, then she knocked on wood, and said who knows, it could always change and him stop eating again tonight. She hoped and did not believe that would happen but with Parvo, you just never know and just like a human virus, you can treat the symptoms but have to let the actual virus just run its course. Overall though, she was very pleased with Bullet's progress just since yesterday. I asked, and basically, the IV is what Bullet needed all along. The IV itself with the actual Parvo treatments, have made such a difference in him. I am just so thankful we actually found out what it was and getting it taken care of. They said due to Parvo being so iffy, that they are wanting to keep him till at least Tuesday (which will make 4 and a half days of the actual Parvo treatment and IV) and not to hold her to anything because it all depended on how he was doing but at this rate, he will come home then. I am just so so so very happy to get such a good report this morning. I was a little upset because that was at 8:30 when I found this out. They closed at 12 today (an answering service then takes over) and I had my alarm set to get up at 11:30 to get a final progress report on him today but when I woke up at 1:30 I had realized I obviously cut my alarm off without knowing it. Hopefully he still has the same good report as he did this morning. I am also sad because I will now not know anything till Monday morning when they reopen. Everyone pray he keeps recovering so well and maybe just maybe we can bring him home Monday night. They did say that would be a very slight possibility.

Trent hollered at me earlier and told me he needed me outside with him. When I got outside, he had showed me where another dog had Pooped and Thrown up in our yard. That is so not good. 1, that kinda confirms that he just may not have picked it up from the vet office during surgery.
2, if this dog crapping in our yard has it, that is where Bullet more than likely got it and the unfortunate thing is Parvo can stay in the soil and on the ground for up to a year.
It really sucks knowing that you have to be so uncomfortable in your own home and your own yard that you just don't know where you can let your dog go when he is outside. You are so afraid to even take him out to use the bathroom. They say that it is usually pretty unlikely that he comes home and re catches it so easily. However, with Bullet's old sick poo and now this other dogs possible sick poo, we may just be totally infected around here. Kinda scary. Wish us the best.

Just a little funny to enlighten the situation. I talked to my cousin and her dad breeds dogs and has a ton of them himself, and he said when they send Bullet home on a bland diet to give him scrambled eggs. That is the best for them according to him. Well this then made me think of a really funny story. On mine and Trent's 6 month Dating Anniversary, I decided to surprise him at his apartment and cook him breakfast. I had fixed him bacon, sausage, toast, scrambled eggs, and it seems like there was more but I can't remember now. (I mean gosh that was 5 and a half years ago, lol) When I made the scrambled eggs, I cooked them in the bacon grease and they were nasty, he did not eat them. At the time, I did not like scrambled eggs so I did not eat them but he said they were nasty. Well, I thought it was ok to fix them in bacon grease to give them a little more flavor, obviously I was wrong or just did not know how to do it or something. Yeah I am a retard. How did he stick with me after that nasty cooking incident. Well apparently I am better now because when I do cook, he compliments my cooking. Thank goodness I got better huh, every man likes a woman that can cook right? Just thought I would share that funny story with everyone.

Well Hopefully I will wake up with some excellent news on my baby Monday morning until then we will just keep a praying for him. I will update when I find out more on him.

No comments: