Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Sick Little Baby

Bullet had recovered well from being neutered. For the first 24 hours, we had to limit his food to 1/4th of what we were used to feeding him. After that we started feeding him like normal and he was eating fine. On Monday, we noticed that he did not eat one bite and then he threw up that night. On Tuesday, he threw up about 4:00 that morning and only ate maybe 1/2 cup at the max (I would not even think it was that much). Therefore you really can't say he ate that day. Wednesday, yet again he did not eat. At this point, we found it to be a problem and something was just not normal with him. We called the vet and took him in. The kept him overnight on Wednesday and told us to call back on Thursday morning. Thursday morning, they told us that he still had not ate but other than not eating, he was fine to check back that afternoon. When we called back, they wanted to keep him another night. What? I mean seriously, it about killed me to leave him 1 night much less the second night. He still had not ate at this point and he had thrown up 2 or 3 more times. I could not stand the fact of not getting to see him so I made Trent take me to see him. Trent pretty much laughed at me and told me that they would laugh at me for showing up wanting to see him. Nope he was wrong, I told them I wanted to see him and they put us in a room with him and told us to spend all the time we wanted with him and to just let them know when we were ready for them to take him back.


Trenty took a picture of me and the baby while we were there. I miss him so so much. He misses us too, his tail went crazy when he saw us and he did not want to go back with them until me and Trent walked into another room where he could not see us (just like a little child). I hope he is better and actully gets to come home tomorrow. The only thing that sucks is even if he does come home tomorrow, me and Trent both have to work, which kinda makes me worry since he is obviously sick and will be just getting home but I will get to spend all weekend till next Wednesday with the baby. Overall, this makes the 4th day that he has not ate and he has now lost 5 pounds in 1 week since his surgery. He was 69 pounds last Tuesday and as of yesterday, he weighed 64 pounds. They said him being sick is a combination of his nerves from his surgery and also a stomach virus. They said they have seen a lot of virus in dogs with in the past month. I hope he is recovering ok so I can see the baby tomorrow.

Just something on a funny prove daddy wrong note. Trent has always said Bullet is too big of a scaredy cat and will never protect us. Well, Bullet slept all night with mommy Tuesday night till daddy got home. He never had becuase Trent has always thought he would get up and mess around. Well I played it brave and left the door open and everything where he would have free range of the house. He was so good and slept with me all night long. When Trent came home around 6:00am Bullet jumped up quickly ran through the hall barking and growling like crazy and was all hunkered down in attack mode (Trent said he could just see it in Bullets eyes) until he saw that it was Trent. So I think he would be very protective if he was out of his cage of a night. I don't think he would go as far as attacking someone (who knows) but his bark and growl is definately enough to scare someone away if they don't know him.

I reckon that all for now but I will update everyone on him tomorrow. We are supposed to call back around 10 in the morning so hopefully we will get some good news then. Who knows how much this will hurt our pocket but as long as he is better, that all that matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor boy! I'll be thinking about y'all! I love your blog, by the way! This is a great way to keep up to date on you guys!