Friday, November 18, 2011

Here we go Again!

Well, yesterday was CD1 therefore I start my Clomid back tomorrow on CD3.  I will take it for 5 days as usual and then we go in on CD13 - November 29th for our first ultrasound to check the egg follicles. 

When I called the doctors office this morning, I actually talked to Lisa (the nurse who has been doing our IUI's) and in a sad voice she said "I got your message, I was just thinking about you the other day.  I knew I should be hearing from you soon."  You could tell that she was even disappointed to hear that I had started and it hadn't happened yet.  Anyways, I had asked her about sperm not living as long if it were frozen and thawed and she said that in the 8 years that she has worked at NFC that she has never heard of that or noticed it making any kind of difference.  I had then asked her about maybe doing what I suggested with back to back ultrasounds until we tell for sure that I have ovulated and she said that we could most definitely do that if we wanted to but she didn't think that it would help to time it any better.  We talked about a couple options and so we will just see how it all plays out after our original ultrasound on the 29th and we will go from there.  I figured the day we have ultrasound, I would ask someone elses opinion on the way I wanted to do it just to see what kind of answer I will get from them and that might help decide a little more of what we want to do for sure.  We are half tempted though to just do it our way regardless just to see what happens.  You never know.

Since things may be done a little different this time, I am assuming IUI#3 will be any time from November 30th - December 1st.  Possibly the 2nd but we will see. 

We are hanging in there and taking everything one day at a time.  I pray that this is our last cycle with IUI as it has been so very emotionally, financially, physically draining.  We are honestly doing pretty good and took the news of the negative very well.  Much better than expected since everything was so hopeful this month. 

On another note, I am noticing more and more the older I get just how Thankful for things I am.  Never take the small things for granted for they may be huge things to someone else.  Just over the past few days, things have happened that just overflow my heart with Thankfulness.  There are just some things in life that we will never be able to express enough thankfulness and appreciation for.  Over the past few days, I think the Lord has really been working on me and it is amazing to see how life unfolds. 

I feel like I get to preaching lately but here is Brother Mickey's sermon from last Sunday on Faith to Forgive.  http://www.mymarshill.org/media.php?pageID=23  It was a great sermon that really spoke to me. 

Hope everyone else is doing well.

No comments: