Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Welp, I can't believe it.  I actually did get in the Christmas spirit.  And before I hear it from anyone, I know, I should celebrate Thanksgiving first then deal with Christmas but this year, I better do it while I actually felt like it or it just wasn't going to get done and the next couple weeks are going to be very busy for me so I figured I might as well do it now. 

We are very excited about Thanksgiving though as we will get to spend it with family and some family that we haven't gotten to see in a while so we are very Thankful that we will have a family filled Thanksgiving.

This year, we aren't decorating the tree all pretty like we have the past 2 years.  My momma in law has came the past 2 years and helped us with the pretty blue and silver ribbon but this year, we aren't going to worry about it.  One because I am not good at it and I don't want to bother her with it and 2, We decided to just make it a police tree and not a fancy tree.  Last 2 years, we have done a big pretty tree and then a small police tree but not this year. 


Tree all decorated for now.  I would like to add blue
lights to it but Trent only wants clear.  It has all clear
lights, police ornaments, and blue and silver ball
ornaments.
 In 2005, the year Trent became a cop, I started a tradition for him and every year, I get him an ornament with the year on it.  I am slacking this year and just finally ordered his 2011 ball last night so we should be getting it soon.  
2005 Traditional Police Ornament
2006 Traditional Police Ornament
2007 Traditional Police Ornament
2008 Traditional Police Ornament
2009 Traditional Police Ornament
2010 Traditional Police Ornament
We also have other types of police ornaments on the tree (you can see part of one on the right side of the 2010 ornament picture) but the Traditional ornament I buy each year is always a big round one and then I randomly pick up other police ornaments when I see them and like them. 

I am so very happy I am starting to feel a little more in the Christmas mood.  Hopefully we will get some great news right before Christmas which will make it a WONDERFUL Christmas.  Our New Years resolution for this year was to at least be pregnant with our bundle of joy by the end of the year.  Hopefully December will be our lucky month and we can fulfill our resolution. 

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving and is feeling the Christmas spirit. 

No comments: