Monday, November 21, 2011

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Please forgive me upfront as this blog is really random but just a few things I have on my mind about blogging.

My Trentie just gave me a great laugh. He is sitting over there playing Modern Warfare and I asked him if there was anything he wanted put on the blog and he responds with "That I love my wife". I said ok, is there anything else that you want put on there? He responds with "That I want to have a baby." I said, I assume that is all you want to put on there? He responds with "3rd times a charm". I guess it is time to quit asking him what he wants cause he is being silly. LOL. Boy oh boy. He sure is silly. I love that man so very much and I am blessed to just have him in my life whether we have a child or not. We have the perfect marriage!  What more could I ask for?  Of course, we want a child added to our family but as long as we have one another, we are blessed.

I don't think I have ever mentioned it on here but I did on facebook.  I am going to be an auntie again.  My sister has a little step son that is 8 but she is now a little over 18 weeks and due on April 22nd.  
Ultrasound at 7weeks 5 days.
Little "SueBob" as she is calling it for now.  We will find out in
December what she is having.  Hopefully a girl.

Well, the other day I had to go to Hobby Lobby to try and find a shadow box for something and while I was there, I thought about baby blankets so I went over to the crafts to see what I could find.  Not knowing what she is having, I knew I had to find something that would match for a boy or girl.  This is what I found, a Noah's Ark blanket to be cross stitched.
Noahs Ark Quilted Baby Blanket.  This is what it will
look like when it is done.
Almost everything you see in Blue needs to be done.
You can tell I haven't gotten much done yet.
I have totally finished the wording.  It is too cute.
I have done the sun, cloud, and part of the rainbow in
this picture.  The bottom line of the rainbow is
actually blue and I do have part of it done but you
can't tell to well since what I have to do is blue too.
I have it done though almost up to the cloud.
I only have 5 months to get this done if I give it to my sister but once I got the blanket and started on it, I thought it was just too cute and I thought that if I end up pregnant, I may just have to keep it for myself.  So, who knows who the blanket will actually be for.  She does know about it but she also knows that we don't know who's it is yet.  I really really want to give it to her but I also think it would be something very special for our child since we have tried so hard to have one. 

I am so bad about starting craft projects and not being able to finish them.  I right now have 3 cross stitchings started.  One almost done that I have been working on forever, this one which will take a lifetime to finish and another one that I have barely done anything on that will wait until I am totally finished with this and the other thing before even starting back on it.  I also have 2 crotchet blankets that I have started in which will probably never get finished either.  I really need to quit starting new things.

Anyways, on to Christmas.  I could not believe I had these thoughts but last night, I actually wanted to put up our Christmas tree.  We may do that tonight or tomorrow.  I have been very whiny about Christmas this year but for some reason, yesterday just gave me a whole new outlook on Christmas this year.  As everyone knows, I have really been dreading it this year due to this possibly being our 3rd Christmas trying without a child.  We will be testing so close to Christmas that this year could be great but could also be horrible.  Well, yesterday I went into WalMart and they told me "Happy Holidays"  This really irked me and I didn't say it yesterday because technically right now it is "Holidays" since we are getting ready for Thanksgiving and it's not Christmas yet but you better bet, in December, I will be responding to these people "Merry Christmas to you too."  There wouldn't even be such a thing as Christmas without CHRIST so why in this world is everyone taking Christ out of Christmas.  I just don't get it.  Well, in all of this thought process it really hit me.  Why am I whining about Christmas?  Christmas is about Christ and child or childless, we should be grateful to God for dying on the cross for our sins.  Of course the closer Christmas gets, I am still going to be down about not having a child.  After all, Christmas is about Christ and family time and we want nothing more than to spend a Christmas with a child but yesterday just really set in to me that I need to quit whining and be Thankful regardless because we truly are blessed. 

If I don't blog before then, I hope everyone has a Wonderful Thanksgiving.  We will have a good Thanksgiving with our families.  Thursday we will be spending it with Trent's family going to eat at Crocket park and then Thursday night we will be going to Manchester for the weekend.  Some of my family from North Carolina is coming in so it will be nice to spend some time with them.  Friday we are going to see Jeff Dunham in Nashville and we are very excited about that as we have been wanting to see him live for a long time.  Boy, we sure have a busy 2 weeks ahead of us as we have Thanksgiving, family, doctors appointments, and then before we know it, it will be Christmas time.

No comments: