Tuesday, November 1, 2011

IUI # 2 = Excitement, Good Feelings, & Answered Prayers

Today was a wonderful day.  I absolutely could not have asked for today to have went any better.  All I can say is God sure does answer prayers. 

After the last procedure, I didn't want to get exact with everyone giving numbers and such but, today was so wonderful, I am going to break everything down to share it with everyone.  As I said last time, the woman said our numbers were not anywhere near what they like to see them at but, they had gotten someone pregnant off of less than what we had so not to give up.  They unthawed vial #1 and in that vial, we only had 1.2 million motile sperm.  She said that they like to see 10 million motile sperm therefore she would recommend unthawing another one.  At that point, we agreed and they unthawed vial #2.  In that vial, we only got 1.6 million motile sperm which ended us with 2.8 million motile sperm.  They had said that the ONLY reason numbers was low is because when sperm is unthawed, it will kill at least half of the motile sperm if not more.  During the last procedure, we were so disheartened that they want to see 10 million and we only got to use 2.8 million.  We also knew after this that each procedure would take 2 vials which meant that we only had 3 tries.  Well, today on the way to the fertility center for the IUI, I prayed that we would have enough numbers in one vial to use only 1 and not to have to use 2 like last time.  We get checked in, verify things and then we would have to wait an hour and a half for the unthawing process.  During that time, we went to get something to eat and then went back.  While eating, we started getting super antsy because we was not ready at all to hear what our numbers were this time.  When they called us back, the woman said "ok, lets get started" to where last time she said "lets go in this room and talk about it".  When I noticed the difference in what she said, I thought, hmm this has to be good.  Well, low and behold, it was excellent.  In 1 vial this time, we had 8.3 million motile sperm.  That is 5.5 million more motile sperm than we had last time.  Today's procedure therefore only took 1 vial since we were not far off from what they like to see.  The nurse also said that my uterus would not be able to hold the full amount of a 2nd vial so it would have just been a waste.  God is an awesome God because he definitely answered that prayer for us.  Going into today, we thought we would only have 1 try left after today but we now have 2 tries and could possibly be more if we only used 1 vial on other tries also.  We are praying that this time is the last time that we need to get pregnant however, the extra vials would be there for future use for more children if needed or wanted.  Right now though, we will just be tickled to death and so grateful to God if we were just blessed with one.

Ok, not only were our numbers WONDERFUL but for the last procedure, we paid $826 however this time, we only had to pay $125 because we had a credit and then it was cheaper since only 1 vial was used.  

After the last procedure, I did not feel good about it at all and during the 2WW, I would not let myself get my hopes up or get excited as I didn't want to be absolutely heart broken if it did not work.  I am already concerned about this go around because I feel SO good about it.  I am honestly scared to feel this good because if it does not work then I am just setting myself up for heart break.  This excitedness is bound to wear off at some point and some fears set in however right now, I could not be any happier. 

We were blessed this time as both of our mothers got to be there with us during this special time.  It is not only a very special part of mine and Trent's lives but it is also very special for the hopefully soon to be grandparents so we are tickled to death to get to share a time like this with them. 

Me and Trentie waiting to be called back
Trent holding the vial of sperm.  That's right the vial, not vials!
Me and Trent right after IUI
Trent's mom - my wonderful mother in law - with us right after IUI
My wonderful mom with us right after IUI
The 4 of us after IUI
Me and Trent giving some love after the IUI. lol.
I am learning of more and more people that read our blog that I had no clue about and It has been said to me a couple times lately and 2 times today at that that me blogging our journey is an inspiration.  I often wonder how much I should say on our blog but it does make me very happy to know that we are an inspiration to some people out there.  It also makes me happy to know that hopefully someone out there could possibly learn from our experiences we have been through.  I can tell you that I don't know of 1 person that has taken the route that we are going and it would have definitely helped me in the beginning if I had known just 1 person so I hope that I can continue to inspire people and possibly help them through our journey.

We honest to God appreciate from the very bottom of our hearts all the supportive words and prayers that have been given to us over this time.  During difficult times, you definitely learn who your true friends are and who is going to be there for you when you need it most and I am amazed at all the love and support that we have received.

I know everyone is tired of me asking but Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we will be testing on November 14th which is 2 weeks from yesterday so hopefully we will have some WONDERFUL news to share with everyone at that time.

No comments: