Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kidney Stones Again

Well, we now know why Trent was so sick on Monday.  We thought he might have had the horrible stomach virus that is going around however, he woke up at 330 this morning with sharp knife stabbing pains on his left side and he then passed 2 kidney stones. 

I just don't know what we are gonna do with the poor boy to get rid of the kidney stones that it seems he gets so often.  I honestly don't think there is much he can do.  Doctor has told him he can try to watch his diet but his are hereditary therefore diet probably wouldn't stop him from getting them.

Since passing the kidney stone, he is feeling much better and is pretty much back to normal today. 

Anyways, just wanted to update everyone on Trent's "sickness"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kidney stones is genetic in my family too. I know that this will sound crazy but the #1 thing that has helped those in my family is to drink cranberry juice (any blend if you don't like cranberry juice regular) and less caffeine. After my first one I started having juice for breakfast (I switch between cranapple, apple juice, and welches juices) then only one 100 calorie soda for lunch and dinner. If I get thirsty in-between meals I have water. I've only had one other kidney stone sense then. Maybe it will help your husband.

- Kara Love

The Haddock's said...

He is so picky when it comes to juices. I think about the only juice he likes is Orange juice. I really can't talk though because I only like grapefruit. He did cut out caffienated sodas when he got his first kidney stone at 21-22 years old. He will have a caffinated soda maybe 1 every 4-6 months but not often at all. It is just crazy how he gets so sick with it with the whole Nausea, Vomitting and Diarrhea.

Anonymous said...

If he won't do the juice there is cranberry supplement he can take. I've not done that but I've heard it works just as well as juice. Im not sure where you are located but the sunshine nutrition store Across from Kmart in Smyrna carries them and the girl that works there will give you other suggestions to try too. She is really khelpful and wont push you. I'm one of those that wants natural cures than a dr giving me drugs. Hope he doesn't get anymore!

- Kara love

The Haddock's said...

Hmm, may have to look into the Supplement. Thats a good idea to atleast try. Thanks.